June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Question about a Beckett catalog listing

July 14 2006 at 8:29 PM
  (Login HockeyAlan)

Could someone clarify something for me? I have pretty much completed the 1951-52 Laval Dairy QSHL set and I am more than halfway done with the subset to that issue (check the b/s/t topic if anyone has any they are willing to sell/trade...now back to my question, lol)...

Does anyone know what the 1951-52 Laval Dairy Lac St. Jean set is? It is apparently a 59 card set listed between the Laval Dairy set and the subset, on page 556 of the beckett annual #15. But, I have never seen one or have ever seen any listed for sale under that name.

Does anyone have any pics of them? Any help would be great, either on the board or you can email me alz21874@aol.com thanks.

alan

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

BobbyBHockey
(Login BobbyBHockey)
moderators

Laval Dairy not.....

July 14 2006, 9:06 PM 

Funny thing about the Laval Dairy set is that it isn't even from Laval Dairy, its from Bedard & Donaldson. This change will be in the VHC coming in October.
Sorry I can't help with the other information...
Bobby

Alan Zimmerman
(Login HockeyAlan)

re: Laval info...

July 14 2006, 9:12 PM 

...or should i say the artist formerly known as Laval Dairy...

that's interesting. does that information hold true for the baseball set from the same year? what's that info based on? is there anything i can read on the subject?

-alan

(Login HockeyAlan)

Re: Question about a Beckett catalog listing

July 14 2006, 9:13 PM 

oh, and thanks for the info and the quick reply

(Login BobbyBHockey)
moderators

Info

July 14 2006, 10:02 PM 

The information is based on my research, its on the wrapper too. Everyone saw Beliveau on a laval dairy ad and figured it was that. I also have an advertisment and a box insert display, all will be seen in the VHC in October.
Beckett and Charlton will have to have a long look at the vintage section as there are allot of changes coming.
Bobby formerly known as Bobby

Current Topic - Question about a Beckett catalog listing  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index