June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Akron Americans

February 5 2007 at 7:37 PM
  (Login Onlypsahockey)

Can anyone tell me anything about the Akron Americans?

All I know is they played in the IHL one season, 1948-49. I can only find the stats for the year and the roster.

I'm thinking they played in Akron NY rather than Ohio??? Hence the name Americans???

Were they the NY Americans, Rochester Americans? Did they become the NY Americans, Rochester Americans?

Pics, logos, any info appreciated.

Thanks, Bob C.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Onlypsahockey)

???

February 6 2007, 5:55 PM 

Come on! All these vintage hockey collectors in one spot and nobody has any info? No one from the Akron area?

Thanks anyway guys. Bob C.

Andrew
(Login Hockeyguy_49911)

Re: Akron Americans

February 6 2007, 6:40 PM 

Akron Americans played in Ohio is what one website tells me....These guys sure are hard to find, I've spent like 30 minutes and thats all the info I have found so far!

Al
(Login orrcards)

February 6 2007, 6:50 PM 

hockeydb.com says it was Ohio, not NY. They have the one season stats and the roster, you might try following each of the player links. Interesting, I clicked on the IHL link and it gives you a page where you can select the league by year; it would appear that that year (48-49) the league expanded as there are twice as many teams as any other year. Anyway, I would send an email to the fella that runs that site, he is the acknowledged expert on minor league hockey matters.

(Login DamirTomicic)

February 7 2007, 12:13 AM 

I found this logo.

Current Topic - Akron Americans  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index