THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Mastro Sign Up

April 2 2007 at 6:05 PM

Andrew  (Login Hockeyguy_49911)

Just wondering if anyone has signed up for Mastro before. I just did but found out since I didn't want to pay the $75 sign up fee I don't think I can bid on the sports lots coming up on April 9th. I think thats a little hefty considering I may not even win any of the things I bid on.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Damir
(Login DamirTomicic)

Re: Mastro Sign Up

April 2 2007, 6:27 PM 

Andrew, I signed up early last year and it was worth it. The fact that many people aren't signed up with Mastro means less people to bid against. I have won a few auctions and am very happy with the final price. I paid $2,200 for my PSA 10 1971 Topps Ken Dryden POP1 without the 15%(at that time) buyer's premium and have been offered double what I paid for it on a few occasions. The fact that Mastro is as big as it is and does have great hockey now and then is worth it.
Remember, it's only a 1 time fee and you get their catalogs for life.
I think it's worth it.

(Login Onlypsahockey)

Mastro

April 2 2007, 6:34 PM 

Don't forget the 20% BP!

Mark
(Login marcus0202)

April 3 2007, 1:25 PM 

Maybe try asking if they'll waive the $75 fee. A couple of years ago, Mastro waived the fee for me on the ground I had registered for a previous, smaller Mastro auction. They essentially told me the $75 fee is to keep the rift-raft out, so perhaps if you can show hobby references, a solid ebay account, etc. they will waive the fee. Just a thought.

Alan
(Login Jewish-collector)

April 4 2007, 9:17 AM 

Andrew -

I agree. It is a lot of money for a catalog subscription. But, if you have consigned anything to them in the past, I believe you get future catalogs forever. Some of the other major auction houses offer free catalogs.

(Login hotdogmj71)

Mastro

April 5 2007, 12:14 AM 

It won't help you for the upcoming auction, but there is no sign-up fee for the Classic Collector Auction & if you win an item in those auctions, you are signed up for all future Mastro auctions.

Mark M
(Login marcus0202)

April 10 2007, 9:40 PM 

(Login Hockeyguy_49911)

April 11 2007, 4:42 AM 

Damn, I should have waited, I signed up last week!! Oh well, Thanks Mark!

Alan
(Login Jewish-collector)

April 13 2007, 7:55 AM 

Someone once said to me "If you can't afford the $75 fee, then you certainly can't afford to win anything in the auction"

Current Topic - Mastro Sign Up  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement