THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

gordie howe psa 8 in memory lane auction

April 14 2007 at 12:33 AM
fessgreg  (Login fessgreg)

hey guys since the auction is over with at memory lane what did you think of the gordie howe psa 8. it started out strong with the bidding but ended up at 8.5k with the juice. the card was well centered and i thought it was nice. what did you guys think of the card and the price? signed greg

ps its a 51-52 parkie

This message has been edited by fessgreg on Apr 14, 2007 12:36 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Damir
(Login DamirTomicic)

Re: gordie howe psa 8 in memory lane auction

April 14 2007, 1:01 AM 

Greg, I remember a PSA 8 Howe on Ebay a few years ago that sold for $4,500. I passed it up at the time and I regret it now for obvious reasons. I am not surprised at the price because the card in this grade doesn't come up often. I think if one came up right after this on it might sell for a little less. If you follow what some of his 60's cards go for in 8's and 9's then you shouldn't be surprised at this sale. Gordie Howe will always sell for a premium.

Anonymous
(Login Albertandude)

April 14 2007, 1:11 AM 

Damir, I remember that auction on ebay and I am kicking myself to this day....4500 us for a Howe Rook....hopefully someone will again put one up on ebay in the future...

Damir
(Login DamirTomicic)

April 14 2007, 1:14 AM 

I think one in the future on Ebay will sell for $8-10k on a good night. I cannot spare that much but if I did it would probably be on a Vezina or Morenz.

Colin
(Login bc1177)

April 14 2007, 2:16 AM 

fessgreg
(Login fessgreg)

i got a sgc 96

April 14 2007, 10:07 AM 

i got a sgc 96 51-52 parkie rc gordie howe. i wonder how much of a premium a mint 9 goes for compared to an 8? and guys thanks for the input on the memory lane card. signed greg

Damir Tomicic
(Login DamirTomicic)

April 14 2007, 2:17 PM 

Colin, I think that the Howe sale along with the sale you supplied shows us how much and how fast our market is growing.

Sarto
(Login Goldcatcher)

Growing market for sure !

April 14 2007, 3:34 PM 

As the last message stated, i totally agree with the fact that the vintage card market is growing. Especially the graded market which still quite new. Many example can be shown and i beleive all of us here can notice it. Last year, i had a conversation with another collector and friend of mine and we ask ourselves some questions: For example, Can 2-3 person can have a direct impact on the market for a specifiq set or specifiq cards? As time told us, we can respond in the affirmative way. Each new person and/or collector with some relative ambition can have an impact. As far as i know, the number of serious vintage colletors can only grow and due to a relative scarcity of quality vintage hockey cards, prices follow accordingly to the numbers of potential buyers. I certainly beleive that the market will be more than healthy in the next decade. Especially when you see the amount beeing paid for recent set.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement