June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Canada Post NHL Legends Hockey Cards

May 2 2007 at 12:11 AM
Axle  (Login u00aes1)

Can anyone tell me how the Canada Post NHL Legends Hockey Cards were packaged? Did the cards come in a special plastic folder or packaged just like regular hockey cards?

Thanks
Axle

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Al
(Login orrcards)

Re: Canada Post NHL Legends Hockey Cards

May 2 2007, 7:56 AM 

If you mean the ones with the stamp on one side, they came in foil packs. They were produced for 4 or 5 years and there were auto'd versions each year (I believe) randomly inserted.

Axel
(Login u00aes1)

May 2 2007, 9:12 AM 

Yes, I mean Foil wrapped. Would you know how may in a pack?
Thanks

(Login orrcards)

May 2 2007, 10:32 AM 

Found this for 2004, not sure if all years were the same or not, but 6 sounds about right:

Another new release for 2004 was All-Star Stamp Cards (item number 341635). These were the same size as standard hockey cards and all six NHL All-Stars were featured in a pack of six cards. There were 17,000 packs produced and as a bonus, one in ten packs featured an autographed card. The cost of one pack was $9.99

(Login rayvan)

Stamp Cards

May 2 2007, 9:24 PM 

Prior to issuing the hockey cards in foil packs, Canada Post also issued slightly larger "cards" in a type of plastic folder. These were larger than standard sized cards and had a laminated stamp and picture of the player. Not sure if they fit into anyone's definition of cards but I thought I'd add it to the discussion.

Myself, I liked the stamp and coin sets the best.

Ray

Al
(Login orrcards)

May 2 2007, 9:55 PM 

Axle
(Login u00aes1)

Canada Post Legends Hockey Cards

May 3 2007, 9:28 AM 

I have found out that there maybe two sets of Canada Post Hockey Cards. One set from 2000 to 2002, six cards for each year, that came in special plastic folders and the other set issue by Pacific on behalf of Canada Post starting in 2003, 2004 & 2005 comprising of 36 total cards, six per pack, in foil wrap. Twenty four differnt cards issued in 2003, six different cards in 2004 and six different cards in 2005 for a total of 36.
It looks like Canada Post stopped the special pastic folders in 2002 and went with the conventional foil wrap packs in 2003.
Can anyone help confirm the two diffent sets of cards?

Thanks
Axle

Current Topic - Canada Post NHL Legends Hockey Cards  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index