THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sweet Caporal Post Cards

June 28 2007 at 2:04 PM
Paul  (Login shiftintermedia)

Hi,

I noticed this auction on eBay and wanted to know your thoughts on the value. It is already at $8000.00us.

The auction is for 44 diferent Sweet Caporal Post Cards.

The auction link is here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sweet-Caporal-old-black-white-hockey-vintage-cards-44X_W0QQitemZ150135907972QQihZ005QQcategoryZ660QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I hope everyone has a chance to post their idea/opinions.

Thanks,
Paul

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
geo vezina
(Login patjackson54)

wowowwo

June 28 2007, 6:02 PM 

amazing wow!!!!

donald
(Login danthevintageman)

oops

June 28 2007, 6:22 PM 

should sell for $15000 to $20000. started this post earlier but changed my mind on posting it as some members did not want it posted so i changed my post to OOPS. everyone knows about this set now!!! LOL good luck on winning this set, going for large dollars.

geo vezina
(Login patjackson54)

lol

June 28 2007, 6:24 PM 

i think more i am the high bidder for now.. but i know a guy who declined an offert of 80 000 $ for his set.. but his set is in bether condtion than the ebay set..

Paul
(Login shiftintermedia)

Sweet Caporal

June 28 2007, 7:42 PM 

Thanks for the input. I was NOT going to bid on as I was just interested in the auction. It looks like the seller got a better offer and pulled the listing as there was 6 days left and he stopped the auction.

Thanks,
Paul

geo vezina
(Login patjackson54)

sold

June 28 2007, 7:56 PM 

the item is sold.

Paul
(Login shiftintermedia)

Re: Sweet Caporal Post Cards

June 28 2007, 7:58 PM 

It looks like you bought it. Good for you.

Earl Strohmeyer
(Login strohman)

Great Find!

June 28 2007, 8:31 PM 

This really is a great story. I hadn't ever seen one of these until I saw one posted on this Forum a while back, and everyone said that they were some of the rarest cards in all of hockey. Now a high grade lot just appears!

I always dream of something like this happening to me! There are so many cards out there that people say just can't be found, that it's great when an unbelievable lot like this shows up.

Congrats to the buyer!

Earl

donald
(Login danthevintageman)

sold!!!

June 28 2007, 8:42 PM 

interesting to know what he got for the set and from what buyer? i think a big dealer made him an offer he could not refuse. michel-the owner of the set told me he was using the money to school his kids through college or university. at least money will be well used. he will not tell me who bought the set or how much he sold it for. oh well!!! it is a shame that most of the good stuff on ebay ends this way, would have been exciting to see it run till the end!!!

Paul
(Login shiftintermedia)

June 28 2007, 8:45 PM 

I hope that the seller knows that ending an eBay listing early and selling off eBay is a viloation of eBay policy. If he keeps it up or ends the wrong listing he may get suspended or kicked-off eBay.

Paul

geo vezina
(Login patjackson54)

a

June 28 2007, 8:51 PM 

i have talked on the phone to the owner. he decided to keep it when i have see the value of it. i hope he will call me for sold it to me. Item is not longer avalaible for sale.

Paul
(Login shiftintermedia)

June 28 2007, 8:53 PM 

I do NOT believe that the seller did NOT sell these cards.
They are sold!

Mark Holt
(Login mark927)

June 28 2007, 9:11 PM 

Wow -wonder who bought them and for how much?

Earl Strohmeyer
(Login strohman)

Postcards

June 28 2007, 9:37 PM 

I have to agree with Paul on this one. From what I read of the story, the seller didn't realize that these cards were valuable and was carrying them around in a paper bag! He was shocked when he was offered $2000, then $4000. He claimed that he knew nothing about the history of hockey, so these cards didn't seem to mean much to him except that they were left to him by his grandfather.

Once he realized that they were extremely valuable, I would expect that he would want the money. I don't see him becoming interested in 100 year old hockey players all of a sudden. I figure that someone offered him a chunk of money and he ended the auction. Too bad for the people who wanted to bid on the auction, but this seller isn't a collector so money was his only motivation with these cards.

Nice scans though.

geo vezina
(Login patjackson54)

hey oh

June 28 2007, 10:01 PM 

hey oh wake up gang. i have talked with the owner of the postcard tonight on the phone and i have offered 20 000 and after i have offered 30 000 $$$$ for it and he not want to accept my offert..... the owner have decided to keep the postcard.

the guy want definitly keep it. now he said how much is the value of it.

Jim F
(Login hockey_jim)
Forum Owner

June 28 2007, 10:09 PM 

If the seller passed on a $30000 offer for those cards in that condition and based on the photos on ebay, you should take the offer off the table and pretend it never happened. $20000 is fair. Jim.

geo vezina
(Login patjackson54)

k

June 28 2007, 10:14 PM 

it is what i see when i have up my offert to 30 k . I have see at this moment this guy realy not want to sold it . according to me this guy have wanted to test the market for see the value of his postcard.. it is my opinion.

donald
(Login danthevintageman)

sweet caporal-going to high end auction?

June 28 2007, 11:29 PM 

michel will probably put that set on mastro in the near future to get his top dollar. it would not surprise me if i see this same set come up in the near future on a high end auction like mastro etc.... i will keep my eye on this set,very rare indeed. by the way guys - who was that player #32 that was missing from this set?

This message has been edited by danthevintageman on Jun 28, 2007 11:31 PM

ds1961ds
(Login ds1961ds)

No. 32 Riley Herns

June 28 2007, 11:39 PM 

Sweet Caporal, the best set in the hobby... not surprised that the auction ended early...

at $30,000 it's a steal... even in that condition...

geo vezina
(Login patjackson54)

June 29 2007, 9:29 AM 

the player number 32 is rilley hern.. but on the scan rilley hern is present.... it is an error the missing number is not 32 according to me.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement