June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Summer Pick Ups?

August 15 2007 at 11:58 AM

(Login Hockeyguy_49911)

I just got this from Harvey. We are both still confused how it didn't get a PSA 6 but oh well, If it was a 6 I wouldn't be able to afford it, Lol.

Anyone else spend their summer trip money on a hockey card? Show them off!!

Andrew

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login aro67)

re: Summer Pick Ups?

August 15 2007, 1:04 PM 

Andrew - Congrats - great looking card! If the back is clean it definately looks like a 6.

(Login Hockeyguy_49911)

Re: Summer Pick Ups?

August 15 2007, 1:17 PM 

Thanks! The back is just as clean as the front! I tried to get a scan of the back but my scanner always makes the backs of C56 cards look terrible!!

Earl Strohmeyer
(Login strohman)

Lalonde

August 15 2007, 1:29 PM 

Andrew,

Congrats on finally paying off the mortgage on the Lalonde rookie! Card really is a beauty with great corners.

I wonder is the color on the borders kept it from getting a 6. Some of the 6's I have seen are very white. Depending on the grader, or time of day that it was graded, that might have contributed to the PSA 5.

But you are right--if it had graded a PSA 6 the price would have been higher than either of us could have afforded!

Great card!

Damir
(Login DamirTomicic)

August 15 2007, 3:09 PM 

Here you go Andrew.

(Login Hockeyguy_49911)

August 15 2007, 5:16 PM 

Why do you think PSA labels the lacrosse cards as ED and the C56 hockey as Newsy? Do they know its the same guy?!

Andrew

Damir
(Login DamirTomicic)

August 15 2007, 6:15 PM 

Andrew, his Lacrosse cards say Eduardo on front and the C56 card says Newsy on the front. I'm pretty sure they know the difference. They probably just want to identify the exact name on the card. Thanks.

fessgreg
(Login fessgreg)

i really like your card andrew

August 15 2007, 6:54 PM 

andrew i really like your card. the colors are so rich and vibrant. i hope you enjoy it in the future. maybe it would cross into a 6 with sgc? signed fessgreg

(Login Hockeyguy_49911)

August 15 2007, 9:52 PM 

Greg,

If I wasn't building the set in PSA 5 I would consider it because I think its atleast a 5.5 card. The corners are just to nice not to be! I've owned 3 C56 PSA 6 cards and they were all about the same as this.

How come his lacross card and his hockey card show his real name on one and nickname on the other? Maybe Bobby can help us on this one.

Thanks,
Andrew

Current Topic - Summer Pick Ups?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index