June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Network 54 Fantasy Hockey League

August 28 2007 at 9:12 AM

(Login fisherboy7)

Hello all,

With the new NHL season only a month a way (yeah!), I would like to invite any interested board members to join the Net54 "Hockey Legends" Fantasy League! I was the commissioner of the Net54 baseball league this year, and it was a real success. Everyone was competitive and active and it turned out to be a whole lot of fun. I'm hoping that, with the approval of the moderator here, we can carry it over into the hockey realm on this board and have it become a yearly event.

If you're interested, please post your email addy here or send me an email. I will reply with an invite to the league. It doesnt matter if you're a rookie or a seasoned vet, everyone is welcome. All you need is an account with Yahoo.

Some vital stats for the league:

Live draft time: Sept 15th, 9:00PM EST
Max. Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, UTIL, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

It's gonna be a blast. Hope to hear from you!

This message has been edited by fisherboy7 on Sep 11, 2007 12:36 PM
This message has been edited by fisherboy7 on Aug 28, 2007 9:27 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gary
(Login gbruins77)

Re: Network 54 Fantasy Hockey League

August 28 2007, 9:28 AM 

I am in.EM sent.

Jim F
(Premier Login hockey_jim)
Forum Owner

August 28 2007, 8:26 PM 

I'm in too. Any chance you can make it a regular roto league instead of head to head? Also, you may want too trim the roster abit. Jim.

(Login fisherboy7)

August 28 2007, 9:07 PM 

Hey Jim. I'm a fan of roto leagues too and am more than willing to switch it over. As for roster size - I'm a fan of deep leagues, but I'll give some thought to cutting that down a few spots as well. Glad to have you aboard.

I was also debating whether the final offensive category should be SOG, GWG, or SHP. Not sure if I like SOG because it's such a high volume stat. Maybe GWG is better? Any thoughts?

(Login fisherboy7)

August 31 2007, 7:59 AM 

Hey guys

Still looking for some more members for the league. We've got some good guys aboard already but there's still plenty of room!

Cheers,
Ben

Forum Owner

August 31 2007, 10:21 AM 

Don't worry Ben. It's still early. Jim.

(Login Onlypsahockey)

Net 54

September 1 2007, 3:26 PM 

Count me in!

Email sent.

Thanks, Bob C.

(Login fisherboy7)

September 11 2007, 12:40 PM 

Hey Guys. Draft night is getting closer (this Saturday night). We have 8 teams aboard already, but there's still room for more though if anyone else is interested. If you are, post your email here or send me an email at fisherboy7@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite.

Everyone who is already in the league - see you at the draft!

Gary
(Login gbruins77)

September 11 2007, 2:15 PM 

Hi Ben. Maybe having the draft on a Saturday night is affecting the number of people that have signed up so far. Perhaps a night during the week or a Sunday night would be better. Either way I will be there when the draft takes place.

Jim F
Forum Owner

September 11 2007, 2:22 PM 

Gary. You can set your team to "autodraft". It will automatically pick the top ranked player available when it is your turn. You can pre set it to avoid players you don't want and move guys up in your rankings that you think will have a better year than their current ranking. Jim.

Forum Owner

September 15 2007, 1:01 PM 

The draft is tonight. Still room for a few more players. Jim.

BobbyBHockey
(Login BobbyBHockey)
moderators

September 15 2007, 8:16 PM 

coffeemen@sympatico.ca

Jim F
Forum Owner

September 15 2007, 9:22 PM 

Sorry guys. I've been trying to get the live draft to work for a while now. I give up. I guess I get the left overs. Jim.

(Login gbruins77)

September 15 2007, 11:00 PM 

Ben, thanks for getting this league together.It should be a fun year. Good luck to all.

Ben
(Login fisherboy7)

September 15 2007, 11:36 PM 

Jim, sorry you couldnt make the draft! Do you have Java installed on your computer? If so, I have no idea what could have happened. For the most part I think the autodraft did very well for you! You got Heatley, Marleau, Gaborik and BOTH Sedin twins. That's a potent offense if I've ever seen one. Goalies went off the board extremely early though, so the Bulin wall is your #1 which is a little weak. I still think you have a ton of great players on your team though!

ps. everyone make fun of my buddy Steve on his autopick of Turple for his #1 goalie

(Login yawie99)

September 16 2007, 1:04 AM 

Tonight might have been the first time I ever thought the NHL needed even more teams - if only to provide our league with enough #1 netminders. It could be a real Achilles heel for my team.

http://imageevent.com/yawie99

Current Topic - Network 54 Fantasy Hockey League  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index