THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

una brow .... HOF

January 1 2008 at 11:38 PM
Joe  (Login JOE-1)

I was just sorting through some 74-75's and came across this card and thought ......WTF

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
FRANK
(Login B.S.SC)

Re: una brow .... HOF

January 2 2008, 12:30 AM 

Ya he was a hockey player if me or you had a una brow like that it would be over LOL thats to funny. anyone have any more funny stuff?

BobbyBHockey
(Login BobbyBHockey)
moderators

Funny

January 2 2008, 10:15 AM 

I think I have posted this before.

Looks like Tony Danza cross checking Jay Leno...

Nathanael
(Login frozencaribou)

copy on 1969-70 opc backs

January 25 2008, 11:02 PM 

Nowadays the NHLPA wants every player to be portrayed like a patron saint with skills or the potential to have skills like Orr or Gretzky, but back in the day, the people who wrote copy for OPC told it like it was.

It seemed like everyone had some sort of flaw or weakness to poke fun of, which meant Pete Mahovlich and Dennis Hull were always in the shadow of their respective brothers, or a good two dozen NHL'ers were nicknamed "suitcase", and that Glen Sather was better known as "Tomato face".

1969-70 was an exceptionally good year for the playful berating and mocking of NHL players by OPC. My two favorites are Doug Favell and Serge Savard.

As if "As a youngster, nobody wanted him." was bad enough, a little Savard is pictured looking in vain for his name on the Stanley Cup. Classic.

And with Favell, not only do they mercilessly point out his less than stellar NHL debut, but the cartoonist wants everyone to know they were all stoppable.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement