June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

March 17 2008 at 9:18 PM
  (Login twojo)

Good Evening Everyone:
I just joined the forum after finding it by chance a few days ago. I'm in Alberta and have decided to keep my collecting to PSA graded first year issues (ie 1910 C56, 1933 OPC, 1951 Parkhurst, 1954 Topps and 1968 OPC). The middle three are almost done, I haven't started on the C56's and the 1968 set is next on my radar. The C56's will have to wait when my wife is not looking.

From what I have read, this forum appears to be a valuable collecting tool with a memebership with a broad breadth of knowledge to learn from.

Travis

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rob
(Login billyberu)

Welcome

March 17 2008, 9:49 PM 

Welcome Travis! I also live in Alberta. Edmonton to be specific. Where are you located!

Don H
(Login flashbacks67)

Welcome Aboard !!!

March 17 2008, 10:05 PM 

Hi Travis, Welcome to the forum. You will find it very helpful and informative. I also live in Alberta, Calgary...... you know the big city with the better hockey team. Just kidding around ... LOL.
Don H

Mark Holt
(Login mark927)

Re: New Member

March 17 2008, 10:10 PM 

Welcome Travis -you've got lots of c56 collectors here...tell your wife it's an 'investment'....

(Login Hockeyguy_49911)

March 17 2008, 10:33 PM 

Welcome to the forum Travis. This site is the best place to find out anything about vintage hockey, thanks Jim again for putting this site up,we are forever in your debt.

As Mark said, lots of C56 collectors here so put up a want list or a sell list in the buy/sell/trade anytime.

Don....hahahaha!!! (Guess I can laugh since my Leafs are out of the playoffs for another year...next topic please!)

Andrew

Earl Strohmeyer
(Login strohman)

March 17 2008, 10:47 PM 

Welcome Travis,

This is a wonderful place to talk about cards, and buy/trade/sell too!

I started collecting the C56 set after joining this forum, and you are right about having to buy those when the wife's not looking! The prices can be painful, but consider them safer than a stock portfolio! (Especially the way the markets have been lately.)

Good luck with your sets!

Earl

Dean
(Login Dean14)

Welcome aboard

March 18 2008, 3:41 PM 

Nice to have another Albertan onboard. I'm from Fort McMurray. And I wish winter would end.

(Login writehooks)

March 21 2008, 11:55 PM 

Welcome aboard. I'm in beautiful downtown Vegreville, Alberta. Always nice to hear from other collectors in the sticks ...

Current Topic - New Member  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index