THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Have you seen this error before?

May 9 2008 at 7:26 PM
Peter  (Login Hockeystubs)

Hello. allways enjoy and learn so much from this fourm. was wondering if any of you have seen this error with OPC before? thanks

270235965919 is the ebay number

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dan Basso
(Login tripoli99)

the error is.....if

May 9 2008, 9:39 PM 

he gets his price for that card

nathanael
(Login frozencaribou)

Collector discovers wrongback!!!!

May 9 2008, 10:49 PM 

From the listing:
"The Bob Dailey card is to show 350 on the back but it shows the 267 with Bill McKenzie on the back of the card.This card is not listed anywhere i have found as a error card.I have contacted Beckett & Charlton.I am still waiting for a reply back from both companys."

Gotta love eBay.

Peter
(Login Hockeystubs)

error

May 11 2008, 3:16 PM 

So the error is for real with this OPC set?

Anonymous
(Login frozencaribou)

Re: Have you seen this error before?

May 11 2008, 9:10 PM 

Peter,

Wrongbacks exist in just about any old topps or opc sets, especially from the 70's and 80's. These aren't common, but they aren't really that exciting. Just a printing mix-up at the factory, similar to blank backs. There's a niche for these cards, but usually only for player collectors.

As for the misspelling of "McKenzie", that wasn't corrected to my knowledge. Uncorrected errors are even less exciting than wrongbacks, which is why this post has elicited some sarcasm.

$200 for a vg 76-77 opc common wrongback is a funny concept.

Peter
(Login Hockeystubs)

got it..

May 12 2008, 5:15 PM 

got it now. thanks
find it curious that there would be a printing error on the back since they would be printed in sheets. i guess they would do a run until they noticed the mistake, and then put the cards out anyway.
appreciate the answer...and love the sarcasm.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement