THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Need the help of the community.

July 31 2008 at 8:03 PM
  (Login kehfee)

I have some post office fraud.

Its only a 60 dollar item so it wasn't insured, but I received a package sealed in a plastic bag that apologizes for the condition of the package. The condition in question was that someone opened the package and stole the contents.

Here is a scan of the item in question. If you happen to come across this slab or a card that matches it. Let me know. Maybe we can track down a thief.

Percy Lesueur Photobucket

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login aro67)

C55 Leseur

July 31 2008, 11:09 PM 

email sent

Larry
(Login larryhaven)

insurance

August 1 2008, 10:44 AM 

It wasn't insured? Who is the idiot responsible for not insuring it?

(Login kehfee)

Re: Need the help of the community.

August 1 2008, 1:11 PM 

I know you're trolling but I'll respond as if I thought you weren't.

I opted not to pay 10 bucks to have it insured. I pay insurance for any item I buy over 100 bucks. I'm not losing sleep over losing this item. What annoys me a bit is that this item was blatantly stolen. The package wasn't lost or damaged. It was opened. The contents were taken, and then the opened empty envelope was sent to me.

I figured I could let some fellow collectors know in case the individual was dumb enough to attempt to sell the item in its holder or register it on a registry.

Larry
(Login larryhaven)

a valuable lesson

August 1 2008, 3:14 PM 

Probably some postal employee was just trying to teach you a valuable lesson. Insure each and every item worth more than $20. No, trolling would be acting like such a thing should never have happened in the first place.

(Login Hockeyguy_49911)

August 1 2008, 3:54 PM 

I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong please) but Canada Post, UPS, and even Fedex don't cover sportscards. So really why waste any money doing insurance if its not covered? However, always get a signature for that $1 extra.

Andrew

Joe
(Login JOE-1)

August 1 2008, 5:23 PM 

"I'm thinking like a thieving Postal Employee" ...... wouldn't it make more sense to make the whole package disappear......

vs..

taking out the contents ???

(Login strohman)

Insurance

August 1 2008, 10:26 PM 

Andrew is right--shippers don't insure most collectibles, so a high dollar claim will usually be refused. If you put in a claim for $20, they might not question if, but if you claim $500 for a lost card, they will deny you.

Also, buying insurance for every $20 card you buy will quickly dry up your budget. Most packages do arrive safely, and I wouldn't have insured this item either. It may be just a PSA 2, but it still sucks to have it taken!

Earl

Larry
(Login larryhaven)

uninsured

August 2 2008, 10:02 AM 

You really can't blame the guy that took it. If I knew some clown was shipping valuable cards without insuring them, I'd be tempted to take them home myself.

(Login esb1922)

August 2 2008, 11:35 AM 

That was really funny

Larry, you'd be tempted to take or you'd take?

You need to specify that as it's very interesting to know if you are a thief just in your mind or you are an actual thief.

(Login rayvan)

August 2 2008, 12:08 PM 

<If I knew some clown was shipping valuable cards without insuring them, I'd be tempted to take them home myself.>

Hi Larry,
Just curious based on your last post whether you would be tempted to take the cards home or tempted to take the clown home?

Larry
(Login larryhaven)

take home

August 2 2008, 1:44 PM 

Ray, it depends on whether or not the clown is a buxom girl or not. If so, then she gets a tour of the bedroom.

(Login TedOrmiston)

postal insurance

August 4 2008, 8:11 AM 

I'm curious about how many of you guys have ever gotten reimbursed for items "lost" in the mail. One of the guys I used to trade with was an ex postal employee in Maryland. He told me that insurance was a waste of time as you'd have a hard time proving what was in the package. I've gotten thousands of cards through the mail and in only two cases were cards lost. In one of those my envelope was ripped open much like this one and the card that had been inside was worth less than $5. The original envelope was mangled pretty badly so I assumed it had gotten that way in the post office's sorting equipment. I'd be glad to hear about your experiences.

(Login kehfee)

August 4 2008, 12:03 PM 

I've heard that people in the US have better luck claiming insurance with USPS. However, in Canada its a waste of time for the most part for the reasons you cited.

Of course, as I've learned. IF you insure your package. Those kind postal employees reward your smart decision by not opening your package and taking its contents.

Anonymous
(Login James_McThigh)

August 4 2008, 6:18 PM 

Jason,

I am very sorry some b*stard had to steal your card. I have never had to deal with such a thing during my 7 years on eBay. I will keep my eyes open for your card.

Current Topic - Need the help of the community.  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement