THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

O-Pee-Chee Or Topps - Whats in a name.

September 8 2008 at 11:28 AM

BobbyBHockey  (Login BobbyBHockey)
moderators

Here is a nice old article pulled from a magazine in December 1964, that I think everyone will find most interesting.
It confirms that OPC had everything to do with the production, manufacturing, and distribution of the hockey cards.

It would seem that Topps only had the liciencing but nothing else (except in 1954-55 and 1957-58 respectively), guess they should have been call OPC from '57 onward eh!?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rob
(Login billyberu)

Paice vs Paille

September 8 2008, 7:29 PM 

Bobby,

What year was this error card where Paice's pic was listed as Paille?

Rob

BobbyBHockey
(Login BobbyBHockey)
moderators

Paice

September 8 2008, 7:36 PM 

1962-63 topps is the only place I see Paice on a card!?

(Login billyberu)

Paille

September 8 2008, 7:47 PM 

Bobby,

The only regular issue card of Paille was 64-65 Tall Boy? The article states that Paice's Picture appeared under the name Marcel Paille? I do not have either copy left in my collection to check out photo. Could the article be in error? Hmmmm

Rob

henry
(Login opctopps)

Re: O-Pee-Chee Or Topps - Whats in a name.

September 8 2008, 7:54 PM 

hey bobby,thank you for sharing that great article with us.
great info.i really enjoy the information that i see once in awhile on this forum.sure beats looking at graded cards most of the time.

Donald
(Login danthevintageman)

Re: O-Pee-Chee Or Topps - Whats in a name.

September 8 2008, 8:00 PM 

this article did come out in december 1964,so o-pee-chee/topps did know about this error before anyone else.maybe they gooved up in the article and really meant to refer to the up coming 1964-65 hockey cards.

i am surprised they dont mention anything about the change in size for the "tall boys" hockey cards just coming out shortly or that they will have all 6 teams to themselves but that is one amazing article bobby!

Rob
(Login billyberu)

64-65 # 92

September 8 2008, 8:30 PM 

Donald,

Not sure but I am leaning toward an error in the article because it does not make sense. Paille only had one regular issue card and it came in the same year as this article?

If my memory serves me correctly the pic on 62-63 # 61 and 64-65 # 92 seem to look alike. I am getting old however and very well could be wrong on the pic as I do not have these example's to confirm.

Rob

BobbyBHockey
(Login BobbyBHockey)
moderators

Article

September 8 2008, 8:33 PM 

Glad you all enjoy it, it's an interesting one filled with cool information.

As for the Paille, I am sure something happened, maybe there is one out there, no idea.

Current Topic - O-Pee-Chee Or Topps - Whats in a name.  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement