May 1 2009, 8:52 PM 

NO WAY NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN CAN'T HAPPEN
ITS THE FLOWER THE PRIME MINISTER SHOULD PARDON HIM
HE IS A HOCKEY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
(Login boysblue)

Re: Guy Lafleur going to jail??

May 1 2009, 10:15 PM 

i heard the defence is looking for a fine while the prosecution is seeking some sort of house arrest (kind of ironic). either way, it is unlikely lafleur will see jail time though i suppose one never knows. hard to imagine an icon like lafleur would ever be sentenced to jail in the province of quebec.

Nathanael
(Login frozencaribou)

May 1 2009, 11:13 PM 

I can dismiss his actions as stupid decisions by a father trying to protect his son. Against the law, yes.

Of course, if you've read his biography Overtime (ebay #400046541918) you'll know Lafleur hasn't been a model citizen over the years, so hopefully no one was looking at him as a societal role model in 2007.

I grew up being a huge Lafleur fan. I remember touring the old Forum in 1989, and being upset at the tour guide slamming Lafleur for "waking up one morning and saying 'I don't want to play for the Canadiens', then waking up four years later and saying 'I want to play again' without thinking of the team who made him a star."

Not sure where I'm going with this... Maybe I just hope he can get through this with some lessons about the importance of tough love and not be subjected to endless media in the process.

John k
(Login griffinclaws)

You break the law,you go to jail.

May 2 2009, 2:31 AM 

Just because Lafleur was a great hockey player should not make him immune to a conviction,lets be reasonable here. You break the law,you go to jail. Go Canucks!!!!

Anonymous
(Login boysblue)

May 2 2009, 6:48 AM 

not sure how quebec's legal system works, but jail time seems improbabale if the prosecution is not seeking such a penalty.

Current Topic - Guy Lafleur going to jail??  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement