June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

R.I.P. Teeder

August 14 2009 at 1:37 PM

(Premier Login hockey_jim)
Forum Owner

Ted Teeder Kennedy, one of the most decorated Maple Leafs of all time and a classy captain in the teams golden era, has passed away at age 83.

Reports say he died Friday morning at a nursing home in his hometown of Port Colborne of congestive heart failure. The Leafs will have a statement later in the day.

A five-time Stanley Cup winner, who scored the Cup winner over Montreal in 1947, he was a Hockey Hall of Famer and played all 14 of his NHL seasons with Toronto. He won the Hart Trophy in 1955, the last Leaf to do so.

In a famous 1951 photo, he greeted the future Queen Elizabeth prior to a game at Maple Leaf Gardens. He was captain from 1948-55 and ranks ninth in club history in points with 560 in 696 games.

In author Mike Leonettis book The Maple Leafs Top 100, Kennedy is ranked as the second best player in club history behind Dave Keon.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Dan
(Login danthevintageman)

Re: R.I.P. Teeder

August 14 2009, 2:01 PM 

i met mr. teeder a few years back,
a very classy person with no atitude at all.
a real nice gentleman.
a true blue maple leaf,
he will be missed.

Fred
(Login rocket9richard)

RIP Teeder

August 14 2009, 6:04 PM 

Another great player from "the golden era" left us.

He proudly wore the #9 of my favorite player(the Rocket)and was a talented all around player and a great leader too.

RIP Teeder, we will remember you...

(Login shutoutkings)

August 16 2009, 4:47 PM 

Terrible news, I really was hoping to meet him one day.. very sad.

Cheers Teeder.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Garret Morrison
www.thesummitshow.com

(Login frozencaribou)

August 16 2009, 8:35 PM 

Interesting, he signed his nickname "Teeter". Why do all his cards list his nickname as "Teeder"?

-Nathanael

Current Topic - R.I.P. Teeder  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index