THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Short print

May 13 2010 at 10:30 PM
Damir  (Login DamirTomicic)

What do you guys think? Never saw one offered at auction before. Looks in pretty good shape despite the stain on the reverse.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250628460900&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
David
(Login mapnwpa)

short print

May 13 2010, 11:22 PM 

Yeah, I was wowed when I saw this on eBay. I figured 3-5 K for the price, so I was close. In the PSA registry, both the registered sets are missing this short-printed card. How would this card grade? PSA 5 with a qualifier for the "stain" and ? paper loss? Personally, I think the buyer probably did OK.
What do you guys think of the buyer who came in second with a feedback of 1?

Damir
(Login DamirTomicic)

Re: Short print

May 14 2010, 10:25 PM 

I would rather take it without the qualifier. Hopefuly a Cecil Brown 1924 Crescent Selkirks will come up one day so I can complete my set. Congrats to whoever won this one.

Damir
(Login DamirTomicic)

Re: Short print

July 24 2010, 7:58 PM 

Looks like Global Vintage has a PSA 7 short print Neil in their set. Anyone have a guess as to what a card like that might go for. Wonder if it's the one that was sold raw on Ebay. Hard enough to find it at all and to have one in a PSA 7 is an accomplishment.

Anonymous
(Login rocket9richard)

Short print Neil

July 24 2010, 9:54 PM 

Yes it's the same card that was graded a PSA7, the highest graded hockey short print card ever!

In my opinion it's worth much more then what he paid for it. With the grade this card was a steal. I would think 5 to 10 times the price if well described with the right auction house at PSA7.

The card is already sold and the new owner also got the balance of the set to make the best all graded PSA set and only complete one to this date.

How many Neil cards exist? Probably less than 10 copies...

Current Topic - Short print  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement