June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Some Advice for Guys that Watch too much of Storage Wars

February 17 2011 at 11:14 AM

Jim F  (Premier Login hockey_jim)
Forum Owner

Buy a friggin Beckett or learn to look stuff up on ebay!!!! Either way, STOP calling me!!

All of these new tv shows have brought out some really interesting people. Not that gambling on moldy boxes isn't a solid business plan but atleast take a few minutes to learn about something. Anything!! So far this week I've recieved phone calls from guys either asking me for values or trying to sell me everything from "Gretzky's Indianapolis Rookie card" to "Messier figure still in plastic". One guy was very surprised that I had no interest in his 1978 Nolan Ryan card valued at $250. All of these treasures were found at storage auctions and the sellers are pretty quick to tell me that.

Rant over.

Jim.

This message has been edited by hockey_jim on Feb 17, 2011 11:19 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login JOE-2)

VHCF banner

February 17 2011, 8:13 PM 

Hey Jim ...... not sure of whats involved in changing the above photo, but with so many classic vintage shots available, Phil Myre has been up there long enough and could use a changing imo.

Anonymous
(Login Rhino131313)

Re: Some Advice for Guys that Watch too much of Storage Wars

February 17 2011, 8:58 PM 

Love that show

Jim F
(Premier Login hockey_jim)
Forum Owner

February 17 2011, 9:09 PM 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all of those shows, Storage Wars, Auction Hunters, Pawn Stars. It just seems that the shows about the storage units have brought out everyone with $200 in their pocket trying to hit a jackpot.

Joe. I will forward your concerns to our IT department.

Earl Strohmeyer
(Login strohman)

February 18 2011, 8:01 AM 

I have seen the show a few times, but I wouldn't have much interest in bidding on storage units. I wouldn't expect to find many nice cards in an abandoned storage units!
It always seemed to me that if you had a storage unit and couldn't afford to pay the rent, that you would go pick up the valuable stuff so that it wouldn't be repossessed!

Fun show to watch in small doses.

Current Topic - Some Advice for Guys that Watch too much of Storage Wars  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index