THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Acapulco lottery ticket 1970?

December 31 2011 at 4:04 PM
Norm  (Login normemorabilia)

Hi,

First of all let me apologize for not uploading the photo of the ticket. I have been spending 2 hours without being able to download this image... maybe I could email the link to another member who will be able to download it and put it on this thread of messages.

I have for several years now, a good quantity of those Lottery tickets called Acapulco. Those lottery tickets were written in french and (illegally) sold to general public with the purpose of guessing the exact timing of the last goal,and/or the first goal and winning a certain prize in cash. So as an example, let's say that the ticket showed 3 minutes and 07 seconds, then if the last goal was scored at that exact minute and second, the owner of the ticket was winning $500... I think those were from the 1970's and were only available for games at the Old Forum in Montreal... Also, if some of you remember, there was a scandal at the old Forum in those same years with the official marker not stopping the clock at the exact second of a goal... Was this done purposely ??? (fraud?) I would be interested in having the RIGHT information on those tickets, I have been wondering for a long time if I got the right story or it was just another dream ??? Thanks!

Paper Guy...

This message has been edited by normemorabilia on Dec 31, 2011 4:36 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Norm
(Login normemorabilia)

here is the link for the photo (hoping it will work...)

December 31 2011, 4:12 PM 

C:\Users\User\Pictures\norm1.jpg

please copy the link and try it, it should work...

This message has been edited by normemorabilia on Dec 31, 2011 4:14 PM

Bill Smart
(Login billwinkle)

Link

December 31 2011, 4:34 PM 

Dont think the link will work unless you have an e-mail addy with it

Erle
(Login eschneidman)

Ticket Photo

January 1 2012, 5:35 PM 

Here is the photo of the ticket from Norm. Does anybody have any info?

Photobucket

Erle

Visit my web site at www.CanadiensMemorabilia.Com

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement