THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

72-73 OPC

February 22 2012 at 10:24 AM
Jim  (Login jimmy-boy)

Hello everyone. I pop in and read these boards every once in awhile, but don't post often. The PSA boards are usually a mess and has very little hockey content, so it's nice to see a venue dedicated to hockey.

Just thought I'd share that I finally completed a PSA graded 1972-73 OPC set with an 8.11 rating. I'm not on the PSA registry, but it would be ranked third if it was. The hunt continues as I still have 13 cards to upgrade. 2 PSA 8 OC, 9 PSA 7's and 2 PSA 6's. THe 8OC 's and the 6's I subbed myself awhile back because they're very low pop cards, but they are evry presentable and don't look too out of place with the set. As discussed here previously, I don't expect to ever get the Don Lever RC in PSA 8 due to the completition for the card, but I do have a nice looking 8 OC that I subbed.

Is anyone else colecting this set?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dana
(Login mrdana)

1972 set

February 22 2012, 12:12 PM 

Hi Jim
I have about 45 percent of the set at 9.12
Send me an email as i have 10 or 15 duplicates that i will trade or sell.
Thanks
Dana
mrdana@telus.net

Anonymous
(Login marcnitka)

Re: 72-73 OPC

February 22 2012, 6:21 PM 

Congrats on just about finishing the set. It's a labor of love that
many have embarked upon. Some sets just will never get old, or sold
for that matter.

aro13
(Login aro67)

Congrats

February 26 2012, 2:54 PM 

Congrats on finishing the set!

Jim
(Login jimmy-boy)

Re: 72-73 OPC

February 27 2012, 11:24 PM 

Well, knocked off another upgrade to a PSA 8. Wally Boyer. Thought I'd get the Marshall Johnson as well, but my $175 bid wasn't enough!!

Very strange that some very low pop cards don't sell for too much, but others go for crazy money. And I didn't even categorize the Johnson as low pop.

At this rate I'll be another 2 years and $2000 to upgrade the remaining 12 cards to PSA 8 or better.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement