June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How much does album wear hurt value?

May 14 2012 at 10:16 PM
  (Login Schultz8)

Hi all,

First time, long time. Had a question on what you all think album damage can do to the value of a card. I'm not talking about corners rounded, creases or anything of that sort. I came across a few old Parkies at a show recently and they were raw but in great condition. Corners were surprisingly nice, no damage other than four yellow corners since they must have spent a lot of time in one of the old albums. Yikes. Such a nice sight from afar only to get closer and see the yellow tint. How much do you think damage like that would affect the value of a card? Worse than a crease (or two)? Would it depend on how bad the discoloration is? Thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rob
(Login billyberu)

Album damage

May 15 2012, 11:02 AM 

Hi,

I would say you would be lucky to get ex prices with full disclosure of condition. Also were they in a picture album or one of the redemption parkie album's. If the cards were in a parkie album I would suspect there would be corner surface creasing as well which would de-value the cards even more.

Rob

Current Topic - How much does album wear hurt value?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index