June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Was the underbidder on this auction....Bobby Orr

July 12 2012 at 9:55 PM
Anonymous  (Login marcnitka)

Congrats to the winner. I would have liked to have won this, but I was beat by a better man, who
probably would have gone much, much higher.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120944478744&autorefresh=true

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Danny
(Login danthevintageman)

Re: Was the underbidder on this auction....Bobby Orr

July 13 2012, 12:42 AM 

I got this set for $130 from the same seller a few years back.
Nice to see it goes for a lot more now.

I posted info on it on the "Bobby Orr Collectors Corner Blog" on the internet and i guess people have picked up on how rare this is being his very first card that comes from the Oshawa Generals game program as an insert from the 1965-66 season.

A real tough treasure to find,thats for sure.

Here is my write up on these cards.

"Oshawa Junior cards were produced from 1965-1966 and 1966-67, these were program inserts that were inserted in the Oshawa home game programs for 2 years, 1965-66 and 1966-67. Its roughly the size of a postcard, measuring 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". It has a blank back and was promoted by CKLB which was an Oshawa radio station and sponsored by Crown Life which was an insurance company.

There are differences between the two years. The biggest being that on the 1966-67 cards, the players Name and Oshawa Generals are spaced differently in the bottom title. Also the 1966-67 cards lists the players position on the bottom title were as the 1965-66 year does not."

Current Topic - Was the underbidder on this auction....Bobby Orr  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index