June 4th-5th 2011
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anybody know what set this Beliveau is from?

July 31 2012 at 11:44 PM
  (Login AdamBaxter)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Fred
(Login rocket9richard)

Re: Anybody know what set this Beliveau is from?

August 1 2012, 12:21 AM 

Hi,

this is not from any card set, it's an unused image that is part of a flip book produced in Quebec city in the the early 50's.

Anonymous
(Login JOE-2)

August 1 2012, 9:04 AM 

If you're the buyer you have grossly over paid for a very small,flimsy and quite frankly ugly black and white of Beliveau.
The seller (conveniently) neglects to post the specifics of the item and the buyer(s) neglect to ask questions.

See June 17th feedback
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=capsports2000&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

Fred
(Login rocket9richard)

August 1 2012, 9:24 AM 

The complete flip book has about 15 - 20 images and is worth around $150.00 in nice condition.

A single image like that is worth around $25.00 in nice condition.

Jean Beliveau items are very popular and back in the days before eBay this would sell at a higher price due to the limited regional issue. It was nearly impossible to find outside of Quebec, but things have changed...

(Login BobbyBHockey)
moderators

Caveat Emptor

August 1 2012, 10:21 AM 

Let the buyer beware, do some research before you buy, there are many collectors here you can always email and ask a question regarding a item, that's what this forum is about. You just can't post a current ebay item on the forum is all.

(Premier Login hockey_jim)
Forum Owner

August 1 2012, 10:32 AM 

.......or capsports, who knows exactly what it is can list it as such and not "ANONYMOUS".

(Login 1954TOPPS)

August 1 2012, 8:25 PM 

I used to buy from cards this dealer all the time but I started getting cards with creases decribed as crease-free. Then it all ended when I got two in a row that were creased. The cards use to also come over wrapped in clear packing tape like they were done on an assembly line.
Nothing worse than having cards slide to the top of the toploader and get stuck in the packing tape. Had this happen with different sellers and had to return a few cards still stuck in the tape.

(Login bgrin)

Anybody know .....

August 1 2012, 11:44 PM 

To Joe-2.
Your response is a little harsh. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure many on this forum have in hindsight thought "why did I pay that much" for some items in our collections. Some on this forum who are sellers are also shocked when bidding is much higher than expected. The hobby is predicated upon all of us grossly over paying for little bits of cardboard with ink on them.

The seller of this item should have of course disclosed where the item came from. It would be surprising if the seller was unaware of it's origin. I must confess I find the seller's auctions hard to ignore as there are quite often some unique and interesting items. That being said the seller has long been known to be optomistic with the grades given in their listings. What has always confused me with this seller is the high prices that are realized for items that show poorly or incompletely in the scans they provide. There seems to be a group of buyers that will over pay (in my opinion) with this seller on a regular basis.

(Login BobbyBHockey)
moderators

old post

August 2 2012, 9:25 AM 

Anonymous
(Login JOE-2)

size matters .......

August 2 2012, 7:55 PM 

Would you be upset if that little white piece of paper arrived in the mail?? Not to mention the actual photo of Beliveau only encompasses 1/3 of the paper, with the rest being wasted space.

Simgin has had a near set of the above up on ebay, for what would seem like eons, unfortunately he doesn't have the same marketing skills.

But at the end of the day it's ~ CAVEAT EMPTOR !!
and that's what he tells the complainers too.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Current Topic - Anybody know what set this Beliveau is from?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index