Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Click Here For Auction Houses / Current Auction Items / Game Used Items WANTED / Game Used Items FOR SALE / RESOURCES / Dealer Discounts For Forum Members / GameUsedForum.com Store /

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The hobby has gone nuts- Greg Maddux item

October 18 2005 at 11:12 AM
Eric  (Login ecky3)
Forum Owner

I just realized the unfotunate word choice in my title- but mastro is offering a signed Greg Maddux cup. I pray he wasn't wearing the cup when he signed it.

http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=51755&CurrentRow=1

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
bronxbats
(Login bronxbats)

Maddux Cup

October 18 2005, 11:33 AM 

What's really crazy is that the bidding is over $160!!

Respond to this message   
Nate
(Login nleet)

Mears Authenticated

October 18 2005, 2:33 PM 

How does Mears authenticate this? How do you grade it? Good wear and use....great display of sweat marks, rubbing and a photo match!

Respond to this message   
Russell
(Login STLWSB)

What a joke!!!

October 18 2005, 3:52 PM 

I cannot believe that this is up for sale, and someone is bidding on it. I saw a few months ago ASI, or ESM had a Gavin Floyd game used sock up on Ebay. Whats next to come up for sale, used dental floss, game used chewing gum, game used chewing tobbaco.

Respond to this message   
Eric
(Login ecky3)
Forum Owner

Not unheard of

October 18 2005, 4:02 PM 

Don't forget the famous stories of Luis Gonzales selling his used gum and Jeff Nelson selling his bone chips.

Eric

Respond to this message   

Joel Alpert
(Login trsent)

Re: Not unheard of

October 18 2005, 7:13 PM 

I am susprised with all the legends of players having such an active sex life on the road, I am still waiting for the auction for a "game used" condom.

Joel Alpert
TRS Enterprises
email me at joel@alpert.net if you wish to get on our mailing lists
also email me if you are a sports bettor, I may have a great online/phone service for you!

Respond to this message   
John
(Login tireball)

October 19 2005, 12:41 PM 

Eric,

Gonzalez wasn't trying to sell his gum. A fan had a security guard pick it up.

//John

Respond to this message   
Eric
(Login ecky3)
Forum Owner

October 19 2005, 12:43 PM 

You're exactly right. If I recall, even Luis couldn't believe someone bought it.
Eric

Respond to this message   
Eric
(Login ecky3)
Forum Owner

Gum Story

October 19 2005, 1:08 PM 

Respond to this message   
Dave
(Login EurekaDave)

The Cup

October 19 2005, 6:46 PM 

This all reminds of a comedian's great routine about an athlete's safety message:

"Now kids, I want to talk about the "cup." Now it ain't no Dixie Cup and it ain't no coffee mug and you sure don't wanna be drinkin' nothin' out of it."

He was the same comedian who gave us the great line:

"Our team does NOT suck! Our pitcher sucks. If you knew anything about baseball you'd know that!"

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us