Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Click Here For Auction Houses / Current Auction Items / Game Used Items WANTED / Game Used Items FOR SALE / RESOURCES / Dealer Discounts For Forum Members / GameUsedForum.com Store /

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2001 Piazza jersey in Heritage Auction

October 29 2005 at 12:19 PM
  (Login metsbats86)

http://www.heritagesportscollectibles.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=703&Lot_No=19770

The front of this 2001 Piazza jersey placement of the no. 31 is too far to the right. Looks at least 6 inches from the buttons where as they are usually no more than 1 inch on double digit numbers. I returned a 2001 Piazza Road jersey to a deal when I receive it w/ the digits too far from the buttons as I was told by my contact as Shea that this was wrong. Additionally I'd be interested if MEARS was able to photo match this jersey as I sure as hell was not able to last time or this time.

No mention of velcro strips on the jersey either.

Any other thoughts on this?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login metsbats86)

Inquiry to Hertiage.. MEARS care to respond?

October 29 2005, 2:55 PM 

I sent an inquiry regarding the 2001 Piazza jersey in Heritage.

Anyone from MEARS care to respond to this forum?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login metsbats86)

Re: Inquiry to Hertiage.. MEARS care to respond?

October 29 2005, 3:05 PM 

reposted below

Respond to this message   

(Login metsbats86)

Re: Inquiry to Hertiage.. MEARS care to respond?

October 29 2005, 3:13 PM 

Here are scans of a Set 1 2001 GU Piazza home pinstripe. The digits are actually no more than 2 1/2 inches from the buttons unlike the auction jersey. Additionally the Heritage jersey is missing the alterations consistant w/2001 Piazza jerseys. It should have an alteration tag with the following: plus 1 inch body length, minus 1 inch sleeves and plus 1/2 wider sleeves. Interesting enough the auction jersey claims to be set 1 too.

David

Respond to this message   

(Login metsbats86)

Some poor soul..

November 5 2005, 11:27 AM 

just put down 1900 + 19% buyers premium on this bogus jersey. Nice job Mears!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 2001 Piazza jersey in Heritage Auction
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us