Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Click Here For Auction Houses / Current Auction Items / Game Used Items WANTED / Game Used Items FOR SALE / RESOURCES / Dealer Discounts For Forum Members / GameUsedForum.com Store /

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Guess what you just "won."

November 14 2005 at 8:39 PM
  (Login bigtime59)

Well, my friends...I can't tell the "winning" bidder here he just got hosed, as the "seller" has let me know he'll get me thrown off eBay if I keep contacting his victims...anybody else want to step up here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8719829614&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

4 5 8 20 22 33 42

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login signmyball)

Re: Guess what you just "won."

November 16 2005, 8:46 PM 

you say someone got "hosed", well, what is wrong with the posting? the seller states it is a game / team issued jersey. is it wrong to sell a jersey that is game issued or team issued as a game issued or team issued jersey? can someone point out who the the buyer has been "hosed"?

Respond to this message   

(Login signmyball)

November 16 2005, 8:48 PM 

not one time does the seller state it is a game used or worn jersey. not in the item description nor title. i have no interest in the jersey what so ever. i am just tired of seeing people so quick to bash sellers when in fact they have no basis.

Respond to this message   
R.C. Walker
(Login CAMMY1996)

November 16 2005, 8:53 PM 

Probably due to the fact it’s neither “Game Issued” nor “Team Issued”. More likely “Sporting Goods Store Issued”.

R. C. Walker

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login signmyball)

November 16 2005, 11:20 PM 

i used to work in a major league locker room as a locker room assistant. i can say with 100% confidence that there are instances where taging is not 100% consistant from opening day through the end of the season. there are many players from opening day until the last day that might have a jersey with different tagging that what was issued to start the season. this is true of the star players and common players. 99.9% of the so called "experts" on this forum and in the authentication business have never stepped foot in a major league locker room let along make jersey repairs and remove stains from jerseys or take part in any equipment ordering. this forum is a help to those that are not informed or as lucky as those who have connections on the inside. being involved in baseball one cannot help but collect various items. this site has been both informative and very amusing at the same time. i see 3 or 4 individuals on this site that claim to know almost everything there is know about game used equipment. i will agree they are very much on top of the hobby but do not know the true reality of what goes on with players and their game used equipment. my advice is always be careful, if it sounds to good to be true than it probably is, and really do your homework before you call someone out on a bad item.

Respond to this message   

(Login swoboda4)

An Improvement

November 17 2005, 12:44 AM 

This seller has at least changed his heading from "Game issued/game used" to the more accurate "game issued". Fair enough. As I've said I've contacted him and he states he has game issued jerseys,not game used. He now has changed his jerseys descriptions to this more accurate title and hopefully this problem is over.

Respond to this message   

(Login bigtime59)

Re: An Improvement

November 17 2005, 9:49 PM 

Until somebody cuts off this guys access to team stock blanks, the cavalcade of fakes isn't going to stop. He's making serious bank off uninformed people. It's wrong, but as long as his payments don't bounce, eBay isn't going to do a thing about it.

4 5 8 20 22 33 42

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Guess what you just "won."
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us