<

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Help learning JKD

March 20 2006 at 10:15 AM
Sheik 

Hello everyone. First of all I want to say that english is not my primary language, so I might have bad grammar or something like that, so if you don't understand me, let me know, ok?

Well, I want to tell you that the last week I buy the book "Tao of Jeet Kune Do", and there are some thing that I don't understand, so I though that may be you guys can help me. For example, one is the "Shapel hook" (may be I didn't traduce it well, I speak spanish and the book is in spanish) it's on page 110 I think, and is just after the "rear hand hook". I read it like 5 times and i still don't understand what is this shapel hook. Can anyone help me?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
XYZ

Shovel Hook

March 23 2006, 2:18 AM 

Shovel Hook is an Uppercut thrown at a 45 deg angle to the body. So it is a punch between Classic Uppercut ( 0 Deg to body)& Classic Hook ((90 Deg to body)

Respond to this message   
Sheik

Re: Shovel Hook

March 23 2006, 1:12 PM 

So, It's a hook sent in a diagonal line up?

Respond to this message   
NeverSitsStill

JKD En Espanol

November 22 2007, 6:27 PM 

Ola:

Aquie tienes un grupo JKD en Puerto Rico associados con Ted Wong, estudiante, insctrutor bajo de y gran amigo de Bruce Lee.

Espero que esto le ayude.

Never Sits Still (en Espanol, "Inquieto" - el nombre de Bruce cuando se criaba, ha, ha)

http://www.geocities.com/junfanjeetkunedo_puertorico/

Respond to this message   
powerchamp

Re: Shovel Hook

April 7 2006, 3:35 PM 

Shovel hooks is a cutting tool to cut across an opponent attack ie. intercept his body attack such as blow to the stomach and knees. Why take blows to your forearms to just protect your ribs why not strike back and cut across the strikes.

Technically perfect well depend at what angle the opponents fires his shot so you shovel hooks just like the hook cuts across usually followed by a face shot or a mid line hook punch, it is a punch that intercept any midline attack.

Groin punches included good against kicks also a good dead leg stunner. So be wise and use it the interception way, hit the opponent before any of his blows wear you down, especially to the bread basket. Also kidney area and vital areas around the stomach and ribs area. Shovel hooks to elbows or hammer fist well the possiblities is very good, a bit sneaky the punch that bends the opponent over to bow and be polite with his stomach attack.

Respond to this message   
jkdturtle

jkd

January 9 2008, 9:47 PM 

dude that book is a bunch of brain storms of b.lee.a good book it is to have,but cheak out his fighting method books....there little books but got alot of info and a better start than the one you got .and just start training and youll see wat he ment.

Respond to this message   
teddybear111111

Re: jkd

March 4 2008, 7:04 AM 

just encase now 1 has told you that book is a colesion of notes put to gether and jkd has new things in it now but a good start, i hope you have fun on your jurny of jkd, you will never look at any think the same way again

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement