The Cloud Appreciation Society Chat
The Cloud Appreciation Society

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Scalar Wave Clouds?

October 13 2010 at 11:07 AM
No score for this post
  (Login Solomon8)

Fellow Cloud Lovers

Can you enlighten me on something that is a mystery to me? Regarding those beautiful rainbow clouds, I've heard it said that they are caused by scalar wave technology and then some negative comments were made. It didn't sit right with me but everyone is allowed their own opinion, I believe.

Personally, I think the rainbow clouds are amazing and are the product of ice crystals and sunshine, but there was some mention (conspiracy theorist) of Scalar Waves and HAARP making these clouds... I don't know much about this, but has anyone any comments?

Love this website and where I live in North Wales, we get some amazingly beautiful and unusual cloud formations.

Last week, I was on my way to a friend's house and I looked up to see the most amazing spiral cloud, as if someone had blown a gigantic smoke spiral and it went on for miles... then, I looked at the clouds on the horizon and they were all BENT! It looked as if the spiral tunnel had gone and bumped into the clouds and bent them. I wish I had my camera on me at the time, but sadly didn't... any idea what this could be?

Love, Jay xx

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Granny Weatherwitch
(Login imaweatherwitch)

I dunno !

No score for this post
October 13 2010, 2:02 PM 

I trained as a Meteorologist over 40 years ago, and we were not taught anything about Scalar Wave Clouds. I don't recognise the term and when I tried to look it up on the internet, the only site references I found took so long to load I gave up. (I am on dial-up in a rural area with no broadband so the baudf speed is ridiculously slow.) In anyone can post a URKL reference so I can actually see what clouds are beibng referred to, this would be very useful. I am not sure if, when you say rainbow clouds, you are referring to noctilucent clouds, iridescent clouds or some type of 'new' cloud I am unaware of. Here in Ireland we just seem to get the same-old types. GWW

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
'H
(Login beacontrigpoint)

Re: Scalar Wave Clouds?

No score for this post
October 13 2010, 10:58 PM 

I think 'rainbow cloud' is a non-U term for irisation.

'H'
(Login beacontrigpoint)

No score for this post
October 14 2010, 11:35 PM 

It was 'never fire rainbow' that led me to say it is non-U

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/cha2.htm

Smithhisler, M.
(Login Noctilucy)

No score for this post
October 14 2010, 11:57 PM 

I saw some lovely iridescent clouds twice this week, for the first time in my life! Both times it occurred about 4 PM, and they were not far from the sun. It definitely wasn't sundogs, as a whole swath of very high cirrus clouds were lit up. A friend of mine had her camera and tried to get a picture of them, but I haven't heard how it came out. I knew that these could occasionally be seen in Ohio, but this is a first for me.

Gini
(Login giniheadinair)
Moderators

An explanation, perhaps?

No score for this post
October 15 2010, 7:46 AM 

Interesting topic........
I did a little digging and came up with this website for GWW:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/158579-Unlocking-the-mystery-of-Earthquake-Clouds-how-they-form-and-why-Are-they-accurate-in-prediction-

It's a complex subject - not sure my primary school brain is up to it!

Gini

Smithhisler, M.
(Login Noctilucy)

No score for this post
October 15 2010, 11:16 AM 

I remembered reading an article about iridescent clouds being seen in China prior to a bad earthquake. If we have any noticeable tremors here in the mid-west I'll let you know. I'm more inclined to believe it's caused by ice crystals.

'H'
(Login beacontrigpoint)

No score for this post
October 15 2010, 10:47 PM 

I dont know how we got on to earthquake clouds, Gini; as for linking them to China try a Chinese man in NY linking to India, Iran...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/385606/thread/1130127445/Clouds+are+Warning+Systems

(Login MikeLerch)

The opposite True?

No score for this post
October 16 2010, 8:30 PM 

Without clicking on any of the links I am having a problem with the logic of any correlation between type of cloud and or atmospheric phenomena overhead and the movement of earth underneath. See...I've witnessed plenty of iridescent cloud without the slightest wobbley of knees. So..if a harbinger of earthquake manifests itself causing atmospheric phenomena,,then is the opposite True? Every time I see atmospheric phenomena does that mean a harbinger of earthquake is manifesting itself? Further,,does any manifestation of a harbinger of earthquake,,guarantee a earthquake? Could other influences bring forth the same ingredients necessary for atmospheric phenomena being associated earthquake?

The predictability of earthquake is being improved by geologists. Escaping gases , long trapped in earth, at the fault lines have been monitored for quite awhile. The simple measurement of width and height of a fault over time,the frequency of tremors, and the location of the source ( depth) of the tremors etc etc have improved over time giving the geologists the ability to predict more accurately.The problem is..whats going on is miles underneath, not overhead. Southern California, is beset by tremors daily; In geological terms..just about constantly. Does Southern California have a constant display of iridescent cloud or any particular atmospheric phenomena ..every day? And Southern California is just one little location of earth's crusts intersect.

So once again,,I find my self at the intersect of science and..poetry. My opinion is, let science be science and poetry be poetry. Sure,the two can blend but be aware. Poetry has its meter,if one so chooses and imho, thats as far as "science" should intrude into the realm of intuition, imagination and creativity. Some scientists suggest that all that they discover is just more bits and pieces of the Grand Poem. How romantic of them. My point is..rather than use the processes of Poetry to infringe on the scientific, it would be better to use the processes of Poetry to create better or more " poems".

Human existence is enhanced by " Poetry" as well as by Science. The two do not need to be perceived as in conflict with each other. Where is it written that they have to be? Yet, when, often as they do, people confuse the two into each other, both suffer. This is needless.

This message has been edited by MikeLerch on Oct 16, 2010 8:35 PM

Granny Weatherwitch
(Login imaweatherwitch)

Yes, but .....

No score for this post
October 17 2010, 2:35 PM 

I get Mike's point about things underground not having an obvious link to things atmpspheric - BUT - any kind of tremor, wobble, release of gas, sound waves or any other kind of energy wave can be transmitted and even amplified when encountering other matter. Iridescence and other visual effects caused by light passing through ice crystals depends on the type of ice crystals (their shape) and also on their alignment (spatial relationship to other crystals in the vicinity). SO I am quite prepared to believe that subtle vibrations occur before an actual earthquake. Folklore in 'quake regions about birds and animals sensing 'quakes beforehand tells how creatures more sensitive than humans somehow 'know in advance' when earthquake activity is coming. Surely it is possible that vibrations in the atmosphere could align ice crystals so that iridescence occurs? It could also give rise to undulations in cloud formations. These would give visual clues and a warning of 'quakes. Humankind these days tends to ignore instinct and intuition. Maybe we should all take more notice of nature's warning signs? I read that people on one island escaped the effects of the 2006 tsunami because their old folk remembered the behaviour of animals which had saved ancestors and the folklore passed down to them. They headed for the hills in time and were saved. If Tuba clouds warn of tornadoes, the I don't see why other clouds could not warn of earthquakes. Keep looking up, folks ! GWW

Gini
(Login giniheadinair)
Moderators

Links

No score for this post
October 18 2010, 10:51 AM 

We got onto earthquake clouds, 'H', because I looked up the title of this thread - 'Scalar Wave Clouds' on Google and found an interesting article, hence the link in my last mail!

Thanks for your thoughts, GWW - I do so agree with you that we should read the signs that other animals can give us and listen to the advice from our ancestors more: most things natural happen for a reason.......

Gini

Current Topic - Scalar Wave Clouds?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Home