The Cloud Appreciation Society Chat
The Cloud Appreciation Society

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Sunset Over NY Harbor

April 26 2011 at 6:37 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
  (Login FreeBird67)

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Farmer57)

Golden opportunity.

No score for this post
April 26 2011, 7:49 PM 

Great photo Joanne, that's a view I hope to see in person one day - hopefully with a sky like that.

Dave.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

(Login FreeBird67)

Lady Liberty

No score for this post
April 26 2011, 8:57 PM 

Thanks for the kind words about the photo! Now I am curious as to where you are located?. Maybe I should snoop around here first, before I ask redundant questions...

What is the proper posting etiquette, in reference to the number of photos a day, week, month.. etc?

(Login Farmer57)

Location .....

No score for this post
April 26 2011, 11:36 PM 

Joanne, I'm in County Durham which is in Northeast England. So far as posting frequency is concerned I try not to 'hog' the forum and try to post my best photos if possible but I don't think there is actually any limit - perhaps one of the moderators could put me straight on this? I think that you've chosen a particularly quiet evening to post as there doesn't seem to be many people here tonight. I'm aware that it will be around tea time where you are! I see from your 'Kite flying' post you're in upper New York State in the Adirondack region.
I think observing 'how it's done' is possibly the best way to get a feel for the forums (or, as Gini rightly said, 'fora' to be accurate).

I don't suppose this hasn't been much help as even though I've been a member for about two years, I've only recently discovered the joys of sharing my photos on here.

Dave

andrew
(Login poth)
Moderators

Re: Sunset Over NY Harbor

No score for this post
April 27 2011, 4:40 AM 

Putting on (an informal, occasional and not-very-authoritative) moderator's hat, there's no real etiquette. Post as many as you like: but just try and concentrate on your best and most interesting. On a day-to-day basis, people are interested in local cloud views as it's always different to where they are, however, the more interesting (your decision) the better! Also, try a limit to about 600px wide, it keeps the thread neat (aesthetically important!) and also keeps files to a moderate size although most have broadband, some don't and if a thread becomes picture-heavy it can be cumbersome for them.

ie: use your own judgment and post away!

(Login FreeBird67)

Thank you

No score for this post
April 29 2011, 3:03 PM 

Richard, thank you very much for the input, and Dave too..

I have, or I am.. learning how to compress the files. I will post away. ! wink.gif

Happy Picture taking!.

J/

Current Topic - Sunset Over NY Harbor  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Home