The Cloud Appreciation Society Chat
The Cloud Appreciation Society

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

ridiculosous

April 3 2012 at 4:28 PM
No score for this post

Anita E  (Login weatherproof)

Not much point photographing the sky today - grey, grey and grey with undertones of..... grey.
In the space of a few days we have gone from 21 degrees C to about 2 degrees C daytime temp, with a bitingly cold north easterly - and it's been trying to snow off and on all day.
Our plum blossom is drifting across the lawn before it has even had chance to open properly.
No wonder us Brits are weather obsessives - it never fails to entertain happy.gif

Anita, North Cumbria, UK

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
GWW/Granny Weatherwitch
(Login imaweatherwitch)

Plus ca ne change ...!

No score for this post
April 4 2012, 4:30 PM 

It's Easter - when Britain's weather never fails to surprise! It's the same N-E biting winds here in the middle of Ireland too. There were sprinkles of snow on Galtymor Mountain today (3018 feet). I remember one weekend way back when I went camping with pals on Exmoor over an early Easter weekend which included my birthday 29 March. During the 4 days, we had every kind of weather - sun, mist, scant cloud and entire cloud cover, fog, calm, wind, drizzle, rain and - on the last morning a clear blue sky. THEN, just as we girls were dismantling the tents (the fellas said we'd better do it as ex-Girl guides knew how to do those things - THEY sat in the van and watched!) a HUGE Cu-Nim arrived over the hilltop behind us and a thunderous hailstorm drenched us! We were still damp when we got back to London.
I'm sorry to hear about your plum blossom. You won't be able to tell whether petals or snowflakes are blowing in the wind. I'm sorry for the bees who will be short of food, and for you, who will not get plums this year (GWW's favourite fruit!)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Home