The Cloud Appreciation Society Chat
The Cloud Appreciation Society

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Late August

March 29 2014 at 5:33 PM
No score for this post
MikeLLerch  (Login MikeLLerch)

I notice the below pictures are all from late August. My patience with it does not seem to be wearing thin by the pictures of it.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
'H'
(Login beacontrigpoint2)

Re: Late August

No score for this post
March 29 2014, 11:47 PM 

Plenty to think about again, MikeL.

On BBC Radio 3, The Essay, painter Patrick Heron, the St. Ives school, UK, was quoted as saying something like nothing, but nothing, is as important as looking. Someone walking on the moors with Heron pointed to rock shapes and said he could see where Heron got his inspiration - Heron replied the person was wrong, it was because the person had seen Heron's paintings that he could now see the moors for what they were.

I think you are the tops at seeing the clouds, MikeL, and thank you for sharing.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
MikeLLerch
(Login MikeLLerch)

No score for this post
April 8 2014, 3:20 AM 

Thanks H. I like the way Heron put it...now you can appreciate the moors for what they are..Nice perspective. Clouds are just figments of the imagination. They don't last the instance a camera takes to capture them..If any thing, I hope my pictures show that any body can do it,,capture and preserve a phantom , have fun with the phenomena, maybe even put something together to hang on a wall or give permission to some one in a far off place to use. They are " free" and I do Not mean at no cost. I mean...unencumbered, not weighted down or tied down . Communicating that " freedom" with pictures is what I try to do.They are great Examples and opportunity for our own health and well being. So many Americans go on about freedom and liberty. I look at the clouds and wonder if these Americans have ever been really free.

'H'
(Login beacontrigpoint2)

No score for this post
May 2 2014, 11:23 PM 

On a similar vein to Heron, The Times obituary for Bernat Klein, textile designer and manufacturer, says he painted daily and quotes him "Looking at the colours and textures outside and painting them is as much part of daily life for me as eating and breathing."

I think CAS in general will feel empathy, and a few emulate, albeit in different media.

'H'
(Login beacontrigpoint2)

No score for this post
May 3 2014, 11:16 PM 

These Golden words from a link on the CAS Home Page you may well have read, but I would like to reproduce the link here as it seems to fit in:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/beverley-golden/the-ineffable-wonder-of-c_b_5194172.html

MikeLLerch
(Login MikeLLerch)

No score for this post
May 4 2014, 6:48 AM 

Yes H, and I see the " Bad Astronomy " blogger, Phil Blatt(?) picked up by Slate also posts about clouds. CAS needs to be introduced to him.

The Atmosphere is a good metaphor for our imaginations. It holds stuff unseen until conditions are right, and then ideas and thoughts like cloud, condense out of nowhere and manifest themselves to the prevailing winds and light. Rod Serling began every one of his Twilight Zone episodes with, " Between sight and sound there is a place." Indeed, its called a cloud.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Home