~ Return to 'Son Of Xweb' here ~

Return to > X1/99  

Yes exactly

March 13 2005 at 4:29 AM
Alex Shepherd 

Response to The X was never a FIat design anyway...

...and when I drive mine, it does seem like 'the unwanted child' compared with, say, my Uno Turbo that was made in the same year as my X1/9. The two cars have almost nothing in common!

You've been reading Phil Ward's book, haven't you.

It was in the mid-late seventies that the 128 3P was promoted as an alternative to the X1/9: being an 'in-house' design, it was no doubt cheaper for FIAT to produce - to paraphrase.

A few technical corrections to his words: the 128 came in either 'S' or 'SL' form, not 'L' as stated. The 'S' had less trim (clearly visible in the photos), less soundproofing, a simpler instrument cluster, and rectangular headlights compared with the four round items of the 'SL' - Phil has it described the wrong way around. You see very few 'S' models these days. Incidentally, 1974 cars seemed to be badged 'Sport L', but now we are getting down to trivia (!)

-Alex

Xweb 'Calling All Cars' Bulletins:
Be sure to add yourself to Xweb's Registry and User Map
Xweb BUG REPORT/Q&A can help you get around!
Want Xweb's latest threads on your site? Click
Special section: X1/99 Concept forum

Xweb Forums Contacts:
Forums Moderator: Mark F mfreemanis AT hotmail.com
Forums Moderator: Gregory S gfs AT scattercreek.com
Forums Moderator: Eric A fastx19 AT yahoo.com
Site Maintenance: Mac seattlex19 AT fastmail.fm
User Registry: Mark H markyharris AT gmail.com
User Map: Andrew rooy AT new.rr.com

XANA Homepage:
x19web.org

LEGAL NOTICE: All comments, suggestions, ideas, sketches, renderings, images and any other information or intellectual property posted by users, on any page where this message appears, are being offered entirely free of charge or legal obligation to Fiat S.p.A. for potential consideration or unrestricted present or future use, with no expectation or obligation for compensation, unless that specific item is directly accompanied by a statement to the contrary. By posting to this web page, you accept this agreement.