~ Return to 'Son Of Xweb' here ~

Return to > X1/99  

automatics and market studies

March 25 2005 at 7:44 AM

Response to Thats more of what I have in mind for a New X1/9

If the X1/9 was sold with an automatic, you'd be surprised how many more would be sold in the US...

Mazda would have shot themselves in the foot if the RX7, Miata, or any of their other cars were only sold in manual versions.

Same with the new Corvette. The Pontiac GTO is a sports car, BUT manual is a $685 option!! Automatic is 'standard'!!! (hey, that thing has a 400hp LS2 engine!!).

I'd be ordering my X1/9 with a manual gearbox, however, if some beautiful woman wants to buy one and doesn't know how to shift gears manually, by all means, offer an automatic...

You'd be surprised just HOW many automatic sports cars are out there ( I know, terrible!!). Look at the Ferrari 400. Although it isn't a real sports car, it is a Ferrari! Ok, now, look how many are manual vs Automatic.... I can't seem to find a manual one if my life depended on it! I saw one for auction (1979 model, carbed) and it was manual, but every SINGLE one I see on Ebay is an automatic!! ahhhhh!! V-12 with auto?!?! A GM auto box as well!

Offering both on a X1/9 would be beneficial to car sales, and you'd be amazed by how many people would buy the auto version, but I bet none of us X fanatics will .

Cheers

http://www3.sympatico.ca/myronx19
Myron Samila
Toronto, Canada
1978 Fiat X1/9 1500cc/4spd/daily driver
1982 Fiat X1/9 1500cc FI/Faza 35/75/weekender
1982 Fiat X1/9 1500cc dual 45/DCOE GT race car
1987 Volvo 760 GLE daily&winter beater
1987 Alfa Romeo Milano (Gold) sold,

Respond to this message   
Responses

Xweb 'Calling All Cars' Bulletins:
Be sure to add yourself to Xweb's Registry and User Map
Xweb BUG REPORT/Q&A can help you get around!
Want Xweb's latest threads on your site? Click
Special section: X1/99 Concept forum

Xweb Forums Contacts:
Forums Moderator: Mark F mfreemanis AT hotmail.com
Forums Moderator: Gregory S gfs AT scattercreek.com
Forums Moderator: Eric A fastx19 AT yahoo.com
Site Maintenance: Mac seattlex19 AT fastmail.fm
User Registry: Mark H markyharris AT gmail.com
User Map: Andrew rooy AT new.rr.com

XANA Homepage:
x19web.org

LEGAL NOTICE: All comments, suggestions, ideas, sketches, renderings, images and any other information or intellectual property posted by users, on any page where this message appears, are being offered entirely free of charge or legal obligation to Fiat S.p.A. for potential consideration or unrestricted present or future use, with no expectation or obligation for compensation, unless that specific item is directly accompanied by a statement to the contrary. By posting to this web page, you accept this agreement.