Home > Discussion Groups > Czech and Slovak AFV Discussion Group

Pravidla pro posílání príspevku:

Musíte pokaždé použít své celé jméno.

Musíte udat platnou e-mailovou adresu (Toto je povinnost).
3. Obrázky nesmí být publikovány bez svolení majitele!
4. Od 28. dubna je povinnost být zaregistrován, pokud chcete prispívat do diskusního fóra. Další informace viz: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=387422&messageid=1114440752
Pred prvním posíláním príspevku si prectete prosím naše Všeobecné smernice.
Prispíváním do tohoto diskusního fóra vyjadrujete souhlas Uživatelskými podmínkami.
Príspevky, které poruší Uživatelské podmínky diskusního fóra Missing-lynx.com budou smazány. Jejich opakované porušení muže vést k zablokování Vašeho úctu.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CIABG Sherman Firefly questions

September 26 2010 at 6:38 PM
Patrice DEBUCQUOY  (Login PatriceDEBUCQUOY)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 78.233.34.90

Hello,

First of all I have to apologize but as a Frenchie I can't speak Czech language so I try with my scholar English...and I hope this post will be understandable for everybody.
I'm a modeller and I'm just at the end of a modelling project about a Sherman "Firefly" IC from the CIABG and after reading the Capricorn book about the CIABG I need some infos which perhaps you can provide me :

*When and where exactly the CIABG exchanges their Sherman "Fireflies" for the Challengers ?
*How the tracked CIABG vehicles went back to Czechoslovakia : by road or by rail ? If by rail, when and where exactly the vehicles were put on the trains ?

Hope you can help.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Patrice.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jirka Zahradnik
(Login jirka.zahradnik)
MODERATORS ONLY - Czech and Slovak AFV Discussion Group

Re: CIABG Sherman Firefly questions

September 26 2010, 10:35 PM 

HiPatrice,
when/where - in mai 1945, in France
on the road - tanks on transporters
Will You post up please Your model?

Respond to this message   
Patrice DEBUCQUOY
(Login PatriceDEBUCQUOY)
Missing-Lynx members

CIABG

September 27 2010, 4:44 PM 

Hi Jirka,

Thank you for the answer...but I need more precisions about the precise location (I'm living in Northern France)and day the CIABG put their tanks on transporters ; so if you have these infos don't hesitate to let me know.
As soon as my Firefly is finished I'll send you some pictures you can post here if you wish.

Cheers,
Patrice.

Respond to this message   
Jirka Zahradnik
(Login jirka.zahradnik)

Re: CIABG

September 27 2010, 11:19 PM 

On 10th may were all Shermans IC changed against Challengers, on 12th started the transport to Czechoslovakia, but the tank transporters (Scammels nad Diamonds) leave on 13th fom the airfield St. Omer (St. Omer-La Capelle-Charleville.

Btw - Je cherche des informations sur Tschécholovaques en 2eme DFL. Savez-vous des livres/magazines et des articles?
Je connais seulement une photografie du char Sherman "Lieutenant SPANIEL" d´origine de defilé á Paris le 17. Juin 1945.

Jirka

Respond to this message   
Patrice DEBUCQUOY
(Login PatriceDEBUCQUOY)
Missing-Lynx members

Lieutenant SPANIEL

September 28 2010, 9:30 AM 

Hi Jirka,

These infos about the CIABG are just what I'm looking for.

About the Lieutenant SPANIEL, he was the officer commanding the "Groupe d'Observation" of the "3ème Batterie de Tir / 3ème Régiment d'Artillerie Coloniale / 2ème Division Blindée" (there was no 2eDFL in the Frech Army as you quoted). He was killed in action in Alsace on 30.11.44 and the replacement M4A1 75mm OP from this 3ème Batterie was named after him.
If you don't have a link :http://www.chars-francais.net/new/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=948
I don't know of books/articles dealing with the Czechs in the French Army during WW2.

Thanks for all,
Cheers,

Patrice.

Respond to this message   
Jirka Zahradnik
(Login jirka.zahradnik)

Re: Lieutenant SPANIEL

September 28 2010, 5:51 PM 

Thank You very much! Was unknow for me!

Respond to this message   
Patrice DEBUCQUOY
(Login PatriceDEBUCQUOY)
Missing-Lynx members

CIABG Sherman photos

October 10 2010, 3:10 PM 

Hi Jirka,

Now this Czech Sherman is finished and as promised I'm ready to send you photos...but I can't have access directly to your Mail (I'm blocked by Firefox).
Please could you send your email address at pdebucquoy(at no spam)free.fr and I'll send you the photos.

Cheers,
Patrice.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse