Here's a heads up from Ken Akerman's highpointers email group
Steve highly recommends an article on Getting Lost in the current issue of National Geographic Adventure (different from the yellow magazine).
There's an excerpt online:
The page also has links to six ways to survive on a mountain:
Six Ways to Weather the Mountain
1. Donít bite off more than you can chew.
2. Research your route in depth.
3. Let someone know where you are going and when you expect to be back.
4. Check the weather and prepare for the worst.
5. Donít freak out.
6. Donít depend on technology.