News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Details of April 27 Highpointers NYC Brunch

March 1 2002 at 10:20 AM
roger  (no login)

Here's the definite date and information for the Highpointers New York City brunch

Date: Noon, Saturday, April 27
Place: China Peace Restaurant
331 West 51st (north side of street between 8th and 9th Avenues)
New York, NY

Here's a map:
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=351+West+51st&csz=New+York%2C+NY&Country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

Family and friends are welcome.

I moved the venue from Downtown to Midtown as it is more convenient to subways and more central to any other activities you might want to do. If you are interested in going to Ground Zero, the "E" Train will take you to the newly reopened World Trade Center stop (the stop which was just north of the towers was only slightly damaged in the collapse).

We have no formal activity but folks might want to go together to Ground Zero or up to Manhattan's Highest Point (or some other excursion we decide on).

While this dinner is aimed primarily at Highpointers in the Northeast, we have folks from Oklahoma and Colorado who say they will attend.

I consider it a dry run to see what would be involved on bringing the next Highpointers Club Convention to metro New York at either High Point and Mount Frissell when it comes back to the Northeast in 2005.

Please RSVP me so I can keep tabs. I anticipate that we will have between 25 and 50 people. My email address is roger.rowlett@americasroof.com.

The restaurant has very good reasonably priced food (the lunch menu has several $4.95 meals including soup or egg roll and rice). We will have our own room.

I cancelled the proposed Feb. 16 brunch after several people said it would conflict with President's Holiday 3-day weekend plans. I won't cancel this time around.

I look forward to seeing you!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions