Conventional car ok for Boundary Peak?June 5 2002 at 10:37 AM
|Pat H (no login)|
Two of us plan to fly to Albuquerque around August 13 and do the NM, AZ, and NV highpoints, assuming the first two are open by then. I'll be back later with trail-related questions, but for now, I have two logistics-type questions:
1. Is a conventional car okay to drive to the Boundary Peak trailhead? I'd much prefer that because it's cheaper and I've never driven anything else, but at least one person has said an SUV would be much better. What do folks think?
2. We'd prefer to be motel muffins rather than campers, but thus far the closest motel I've located is in Tonopah, NV. What's the closest motel to the trailhead that anyone knows of?
Thanks much for any tips.
- Answers - Val Todd on Jun 5, 2002
- low clearance "conventional" not good - John M on Jun 5, 2002
- Dodge Neon OK, Motel Less Desirable - Steve Gruhn on Jun 5, 2002
- Which trailhead? Motel comments... - Alan on Jun 5, 2002
- More Answers - SF on Jun 9, 2002
- Just came back - John M. Boyd on Jun 12, 2002
- Thanks, and keep those responses coming - Pat H. on Jun 15, 2002
- my advice - Mark on Jun 24, 2002
- Conventional car to Boundary Paek trailhead - Al Alexis on Jul 30, 2002
- Boundary Peak - Bill Bauer on Sep 24, 2002