Jack Longacre 1938-2002October 15 2002 at 8:41 PM
|roger (no login)|
I am sorry to report that Highpointers Club Founder, Guru and President Jack Longacre left us today at 1:19 p.m. at a hospital in Farmingdale, Missouri.
We owe everything to Jack. We have lost a great friend.
Jack's health went into a deep tailspin almost immediately following last year's Maryland convention.
We are lucky that he perservered through so much pain and umpteen medical treatments to make it to the Oklahoma Convention (as well as the summit) less than three weeks ago. His presence inspired us all for one last time.
Jack still has some tricks up his sleeve. He finished a book on highpointing with the help of Jean Trousdale (who closed on a deal to get it published within the past week) and he wishes for his ashes to be scattered from the summits of each highpoint.
Jean incidentally has gone the considerable extra mile with Jack. She has spent much time with him in the past year and was with him when he died.
Highpointing will never be the same without you, Jack!
- Note from Jean Trousdale - jean trousdale on Oct 15, 2002
- Note from Dave Covill - Dave Covill on Oct 15, 2002
- Note from Craig Noland - Craig Noland on Oct 15, 2002
- Note from Gary Iversen - Gary Iversen on Oct 15, 2002
- Remembering Jack - Dick Laliberte on Oct 15, 2002
- We'll miss you, Jakk... - Alan on Oct 15, 2002
- Today... - WingLady on Oct 15, 2002
- Jack Longacre in Oklahoma (and other links) - roger on Oct 16, 2002
- Thanks, Jakk! - Scott Surgent on Oct 16, 2002
- Message from Matt DiBiase - Matthew DiBiase on Oct 16, 2002
- Jack and the Highpointer's Club - Chip Clark on Oct 16, 2002
- Jack, you will truly be missed. - Ken Akerman on Oct 16, 2002
- Note from Dennis Whitehead - Dennis Whitehead on Oct 17, 2002
- Thank you, Jack, you will in our hearts. - Paul P. Pometto II on Oct 17, 2002
- Note from Norm & Kip Smith - Norm & Kip Smith on Oct 17, 2002
- Jakk, Guru, Jack, - you will be sadly missed - Gene & Lillian on Oct 17, 2002
- Jack Longacre - George Johnson on Oct 18, 2002
- Club Press Release on Jack Longacre Obituary - roger on Oct 18, 2002
- What Jack Has Meant to Us - Mark Comstock on Oct 21, 2002
- Listen to Jack on the Black Mesa summit! - roger on Oct 24, 2002
- Sorry for his passing - Douglas Riddle on Oct 26, 2002
- Nice to got to know you! - Heidi Knardahl on Oct 26, 2002
- Thanks for Everything, Jakk! - Jim Sutton on Oct 29, 2002
- Jakk's Memorial in Middlebury, Indiana - craig noland on Oct 29, 2002
- Highpointer Summa Cum Laude Award Renamed Jack Longacre Award - roger on Oct 29, 2002
- Missouri Memorial Updated Information ! - Craig Noland on Oct 30, 2002
- Jack, great to have met you! - Dennis Crispo on Oct 31, 2002
- AGreat Loss - Douglas Heroux on Nov 8, 2002
- Area Accomodations for Jack's Nov. 16 Memorial in Missouri - roger on Nov 8, 2002
- Missouri Governor Proclaims Nov. 16 "Jack Longacre Day" - roger on Nov 12, 2002
- Thanks for Mexico '88 - John C. Evans on Nov 13, 2002
- Jakk's Memorial Service - Alan on Nov 16, 2002
- For the man with a big heart - David Foote on Nov 23, 2002
- Ranger Jim - John M. on Nov 27, 2002
- Jack, gone but not forgotten - John Pollock on Dec 17, 2003