News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Re: Re: I repeat ... woof

June 24 2003 at 1:52 PM
steven tursi  (no login)

Response to Re: I repeat ... woof

wow. i've amazed at the arrogant intolerance i'm seeing here.. this takes the cake. don't take this personally, but you're totally clueless - and it's easy for you to say stuff like that and hide behind the anonimity of the internet.

to address your point directly, ever hear of trail running? people do it. it's an awesome sport.

you know, streets are made for cars. but we don't criticize people for riding their bicycles, jogging, walking, or hiking on streets.

mountain bike trails are made for mountain bikes. i've never heard a mountain biker criticize hikers for hiking on their trails.

the internet was made for research, not for posting on message boards about hiking. what we're doing right now is contrary to the purpose of the internet. where's the criticism?

ski areas are made for skiing. there are skiers who criticize snowboarders for riding on their trails. I don't hang out with them, they're stuck up and clueless. (I'm formerly ski patrol. as a skier.)

I could go on and on, but you get the point. I just don't understand you people... how can you so vigorously defend yourselves against people who don't see the point of highpointing, but then criticize a person for trail running?? the guy has goals, and he completes them. his goals are to complete highpoints in a region in as short a time as possible. our goal is to complete as many U.S. (or other) highpoints as possible. yet what we do is fine, and what he does isn't? come on...

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions