News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Re: Ken Akerman is proud of his beliefs and dedicated to his convictions

June 27 2003 at 6:33 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to Ken Akerman is proud of his beliefs and dedicated to his convictions

I think it is kind of telling and somewhat sad when people justify their beliefs by saying they fall in line with main stream America. I do have problems with the generally extreme agenda and what I consider fundamentalist right wing ideaology. I also consider many of the problems that we have in this country by people just falling into line with mainstream America, falling for all the ads, buying all the crap that is put in front of us, consuming more and more garbage, and generally doing nothing at all to advance our society or culture.

If you have convicitions in your beliefs, be they right or left, that's great, because it shows some critical thought so deperately lacking in "mainstream America".

But go ahead and fall into line with the rest of the mainstream and see how far it gets us. More of the same, which may be good for you, but probably not good for the rest...

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions