You might be a highpointer if...November 2 2003 at 12:33 AM
|Olivier Kozlowski (no login)|
1) You've climbed Boundary Peak, NV, but not Montgomery Peak, CA. Bonus points: you've climbed Mt. Frissel, MA, but not Bear Peak, CT.
2) You're not sure you can name all the state capitals, but you know that the higest point in OH is in Bellefontaine.
3) You've ever spent the night at the Kenton Kabins (Oklahoma residents excluded from this one).
4) You've ever driven through Accident, MD (other bizzarre names welcome).
5) You scan the last-minute airfare e-mails for deals to Denver, Columbus or Asheville (who needs cheap airfare to NYC, Washington or LAX anyway?). Bonus points: you wish "Sale to all Florida cities" didn't just mean Orlando, Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville. Don't these airlines know Florida has a panhandle?
6) You know where the highest natural point is in your backyard. Bonus points: you've marked it in some fashion.
7) You've ever put 2,000 miles on a rental car...in 4 days...east of the Mississippi.
8) "On the Road Again" and "Friends in High Places" mean things to you that they don't to normal people.
9) You see business trips as an opportunity.
10) Your friends and family think you're nuts for visiting an intersection in Delaware.
Disclaimer: I'm not guilty of ALL of these. Feel free to add to the list.
- You might be a highpointer if... - markv on Nov 2, 2003
- Accident, MD - Mohamed Ellozy on Nov 2, 2003
- Bellefontaine - Mike on Nov 2, 2003
- Hits too close to home! - Jim Sutton on Nov 3, 2003
- #23 - Craig on Nov 4, 2003
- #24 - Shelby on Nov 4, 2003
- #25 - Me again on Nov 4, 2003
- #26 - Craig on Nov 4, 2003
- Craig, Craig... - Jim Sutton on Nov 4, 2003
- hp power trip - Al E on Nov 6, 2003
- Re: You might be a highpointer if... - pj on Nov 8, 2003
- Exact HP - Roger Williams on Nov 9, 2003
- Hardcore ? - Craig on Nov 10, 2003