You know you're from Upstate NYJanuary 5 2004 at 11:55 PM
|Mark S (no login)|
Response to Outdoor Humor: What Bears Do
Thought this was funny ... figured it would make a good addititon to this thread ...
1. You refer to downtown Albany as "The City."
2. "Vacation" means going to Rochester for the weekend.
3. You measure distance in hours.
4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once.
5. You've uses your back porch or the trunk of your car as a fridge/deep freeze.
6. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
7. You use a down comforter in the summer.
8. You drive at 65 MPH through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching.
9. People say they live in Glenville when their mailing address is Scotia.
10.You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
11. There is a mini-mall every 1/4 mile, if not, you are in Vermont.
12. You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them.
13. There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at the Hannaford at any given time.
14. You design your children's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
15. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
16. You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and flannel PJs.
17. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, construction.
18. It takes you 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you're in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town.
19. You know to avoid tractor trailers (or cars for that matter!) on the Northway with Canadian plates.
20. It's SODA dammit! And people who call it POP make you want to slap them.
21. You don't consider what Domino's or Pizza Hut sell as pizza.
22. You know that "First Night" isn't a Sean Connery movie.
23. There is no such thing as waiting for the left turn arrow at an intersection.
24. Your career ambition is to work for NY State.
25. Even with the slightest threat of snow, you know that Ichobob Crane schools are closed.
26. There is nothing International about Albany airport.
27. You can spell and say "Schenectady" and "Rensselaer."
28. You actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your friends from Upstate NY.