Living in a place where the mosquito is jokingly referred to as the state bird, I have a few tips that could help.
1. Eat garlic and onions the day before. Mosquitoes don't care much for the odor, but they will probably still fly in the general vicinity without landing on you.
2. Wear light-colored clothing. Dark clothes seem to attract mosquitoes.
3. Wear clothing that is thick enough that a mosquito cannot bite you through it. Light-weight polypropylene and thin cotton shirts are thin enough that mosquitoes can still bite through them.
4. Wear long sleeves and use gathers or rubber bands around your pants at the ankles.
5. Use a 12-gauge shotgun. But be careful not to wound them, that would just make them angry.