News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Probably won't be volunteering

September 12 2005 at 8:02 PM
  (Login Highpointingguy)

Response to So, will you be voluteering to put together a future convention?

Diane,

I'm sorry if my criticism sounded a bit harsh, they're only meant to make the club better. I guess I'm better at offering constructive criticism than doing constructive work. I wouldn't know where to begin to start a convention, .... but then again.... I wouldn't pick a run-down "resort" 40 miles from the mountain, when there are many more suitable locations closer to the mountain.

By no means do I take away from those who donated their precious time to help out with the convention. To those people, my hiking/climbing hat is off. You all did a great job with what you had. My gripe is with the leadership for not flagging this debacle sooner. For a while there I was begining to think Don Rumsfeld, not Don Holmes was runnin this club. I didn't have to sit in that upstairs room, but I feel sorry for those who did. They might have well just stayed home and watched Don Holmes on TV read off name after name after name after name while they were eating dinner in their own homes.

Thanks for your insights.

Dick

P.S. And, in all seriousness I really enjoy your (and Charlie's) guidebook. I probably wouldn't have found half my highpoints if I didn't have that.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions