News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Some comments on Dick's suggestions

September 16 2005 at 11:00 AM
Ken Akerman  (Login KenAkerman)

Response to Here's some POSITIVE suggestions

Here are some of my comments on Dick's suggestions:

6. Keep the price of the konvention reasonable. A lot of us highpointers thought $60.00 was a lot of money.

Considering that the majority of Highpointers probably own at least one vehicle that now costs more than $60 to fill with a full tank of fuel, the $60 Konvention cost doesn't seem like too much money to me.

7. What's this Louisiana run-off system in konvention votes? It didn't make a difference this year, but where in the by-laws of the club does it say you have to have a majority vote.

I prefer a majority vote. For example, if you get three strong nominees, two might come from neighboring states in the region, and the third might be from a different state on the other side of the region. The two neighboring states might evenly split about 65% of the vote, but the third state may claim 35% and finish first. However, the real preference of the majority would be to hold the Konvention in the region of the two neighboring states that combined for 65% of the votes. When the third state is eliminated and the final vote restricted to the two finalists, the final vote will better reflect the true preferences of the majority of Konvention attendees.

8. Have the konvention run by someone who's at least been to one Konvention. I didn't attend the 2003 konvention, but I've heard that that was one of the best organized konventions ever. Whoever organized that must have been at a few konventions in the past.

I know that person well. The lead organizer of that Konvention is one of our most popular and experienced Club members.

9. Print name tags that are readily changeable as to the number of highpoints. A lot of people accumulate a highpoint or two between the time they register and get to the konvention. Also, if you use the type at this konvention, put the name on both sides. All the badges kept getting turned around, so I had no idea who I was talking to.

That is a good yet simple idea.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions