News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

06 Denali Partners wanted, East Butt.

December 10 2005 at 1:45 PM
  (Login klukoske)

I'm planning a trip on the East buttress this spring and looking for 2-3 more climbers.
The route is moderate (Alaska Grade 3) should be a good adventure as it is rarely climbed. It will be a real wildernes experience rather then the crowded mayhem of the West Butt.
The really cool aspect of this trip we will be climbing the entire mountain from the bottom up. This means that we will be floating (class 2 water) and then hiking/skiing up and down the Ruth Glacier/Ruth Gorge to acsess Denali rather then flying in.
Plans are to drive/ferry up north in April and start climbing sometime between Apr15 and MAY1 and take 30 to 40 days till we float back into Talkeetna.
I would prefer to have partners that can participate in the entire Alaska trip but I understand time constrains may limit you and I am not opposed to meeting you in Talkeetna for the start or if you would fly into the upper mountain.
This will be the first leg of a journey for me to climb all 50 highpoints in one year without the use of a motor vehicle.
Please call me at 801 209 6397 if you are interested.
-RAY

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions