News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Re: Manmade list; access

April 5 2006 at 12:09 PM
Zak  (Login zkmiller)

Response to Manmade list; access

Thank You!

Yes, I've downloaded the 'tallest building in each state' list; and it (so far) seems that the tallest building is also the highpoint. There is the possibility that in 4 of the states, that this 'alternate' highpoint may be with a building that is not the tallest, but the not-so-tall building may be in a city that has a higher elevation than the tallest building that happens to be in a lower city...but I digress... I have a spreadsheet comparing the listed highpoints with the combination building+mean city elevation; more research does need to be done, and I will continue as time and $ allow.

As you mentioned: WA, AK, and even CA, possibly OR have limited access to keep unprepared individuals from either killing themselves or in CA's case overcrowding the place. Unfortunately, these are rules that we have to follow to get to the highest point in those states.

Again, thanks for your comments, when I have a more definitive list of 'alternates' I'll submit it!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Mountain RangesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions