News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Re: Name some for us...

July 26 2006 at 2:35 PM
Scott Patterson  (Login ScottPatterson)

Response to Name some for us...

You say there are "many" paved roads higher than the Mt. Evans road in North America.

No, I didn't. The postcard claimed that it was the highest paved road in the world (I even mentioned false world records). See below:

one postcard I picked up claimed it was the highest paved road in the world.

And my response was:

There are many paved roads and highways higher than Mount Evans. Colorado (and the USA in general) is notorious for claiming false "world records"!!

I didn't say North America and was only responding to the postcard claim of the highest paved road in the world.

So....where are these many other paved roads? Curious minds want to know!

Peru, Chile, Bolivia, Argentine, Tibet, Pakistan are a few which I know for sure have higher paved highways and roads. The highest paved highway I know of crosses the Bolivia-Chile border at around 16,500 feet. It is the highway between La Pas and Arica, paved some 20 years or so ago. There maybe other higher ones as well, but that is the highest I know of. The KKH highway between China and Pakistan is pretty high as well.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions