News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Certainly Possible

July 31 2006 at 2:06 AM
Steve Gruhn  (Login SteveGruhn)

Response to minn, wisc and mich

On the afternoon of August 4, 2005, I flew to O'Hare Airport in Chicago, and rented a car.

I drove straight to the trailhead for Timms Hill, WI, reaching it that evening. After visiting the highpoint (and climbing the tower), I drove northward and camped in northern WI. The next morning (August 5, 2005), I drove to the trailhead for Mount Arvon, MI. After hiking to the highpoint, I drove to the trailhead for Eagle Mountain, MN. I hiked to the summit of Eagle Mountain (less than 24 hours after landing in Chicago), and then drove south of Duluth, taking a hotel for the night. The following day (August 6) I visited Hawkeye Point and the next day I visited Charles Mound on the open date, finishing up the Lower 48 HPs.

If you don't mind driving a bunch, and if you have your route planned out, you shouldn't have any trouble at all.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions