News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Certainly Possible

July 31 2006 at 2:06 AM
Steve Gruhn  (Login SteveGruhn)

Response to minn, wisc and mich

On the afternoon of August 4, 2005, I flew to O'Hare Airport in Chicago, and rented a car.

I drove straight to the trailhead for Timms Hill, WI, reaching it that evening. After visiting the highpoint (and climbing the tower), I drove northward and camped in northern WI. The next morning (August 5, 2005), I drove to the trailhead for Mount Arvon, MI. After hiking to the highpoint, I drove to the trailhead for Eagle Mountain, MN. I hiked to the summit of Eagle Mountain (less than 24 hours after landing in Chicago), and then drove south of Duluth, taking a hotel for the night. The following day (August 6) I visited Hawkeye Point and the next day I visited Charles Mound on the open date, finishing up the Lower 48 HPs.

If you don't mind driving a bunch, and if you have your route planned out, you shouldn't have any trouble at all.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Mountain RangesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2015 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions