News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

so, what is everybody's plans in 2007?

March 29 2007 at 10:37 AM
  (Login stevetursi)

As winter winds down and hiking season starts (at least for many of us), I thought it would be cool to see everybody's plans for highpointing in 2007..

I just completed a roadtrip in which I picked up AL, OK, and KS.. which brought me to 27.
I am going to be taking a trip to Boulder in May, and I thought I would make a quick side-trip to Nebraska.. 28.

After that, I'd really like to complete all the states east of the Mississippi this summer - I have three left. I'll do Virginia - 29 - in a Weekend.. it's a 7-8 hour drive down to Mt. Rogers area.. so I'll probably drive down on a Saturday, sleep in the car, bag the highpoint sunday, then drive home.

The next will be New York.. 30.. which I'll probably try to do in a day, just like Rogers.

As a grand finale for the season, I want to to ME - 31 - via the knife edge.

during a trip to California in early to mid-may (where I'll be going to boulder from), a friend invited me to go climb AZ - 32 - with him. I reminded him that there usually still is snow in the area in mid-may, but I didn't know how much - at which point he said that maybe it's not such a good idea after all. I told him we'll assess the conditions and make a decision on the trip at that point.

If I can pull it off and find someone to go with to share gas and driving, I'd like to do one more monster roadtrip this summer - to get MO, IA, MN, ND, and SD - 33 to 37 - in a span of 5 days or so. keep moving, and sleep in shifts..

If all of the above happens, I'll have completed the Northeast and Midwest region, have one state left in the south, and only have one state done in the west.

here's where I'm at right now:

So what are you thinking about?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions