News | Summit Trip Reports | Partners | Low Point Reports | Dogs
Summary Topics: E-News Archive | Club News | Accidents | Obituaries | Books | Advisories | Site News

Go to Forum Home  

Best Hikes in America

September 7 2007 at 3:44 PM
  (Login JEBennett)

I would like to start a thread that I hope will be interesting to all, and helpful to me.

I have been given a contract to publish a book about "The Best Hikes in America." I have been working for years to identify and hike the best 50 hikes. Many HP'ers have received surveys that I have sent asking for opinions about the best hikes in your region, and I thank you for your help. Of course, which hikes are the "best" hikes are subjective, but my list represents the collective consensus of many hikers, primarily HP'ers.

Now I want to be sure I haven't missed anything. I am therefore inviting anyone with an opinion to nominate the "best" 4 or 5 (or whatever) hikes in America. If there is a consensus for any hike I have missed, I will go to hike it, and may include it in the book.

Ground Rules: A hike must-
1. Be a day-hike (less than 20 miles). No fair nominationg the AT.
2. Be on maintained, or at least well-established trail.
3. Not be technical. No ropes, ice ax, crampons needed.
4. Above all, it must be unique or special... ina word MEMORABLE.
(No geographic fit required - sorry Kansas)

After the thread fades, I will share my current list of "The Best Hikes In America."
Thanks All.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum
Privacy Statement | Network54 Terms and Conditions